Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to the 2011 format

Mliebs

I've always liked the 2011 format and a couple of weeks ago I broke down and purchased an Apeiro in .40 cal. I put 150 rounds through it and the pistol performed perfectly. I had a few cosmetic issues, trigger creep, and the front sight was bent to the right so I sent it back to STI for warranty repair. While it was there I decided to have it hard chromed and am expecting it back in the next week or so. So far I've purchased 1 126mm, and 2 140 mm mags and they should be here Monday. I'd like to buy the Dawson tool less base plates because I like the way they look but was wondering if they work on the 126mm mags as well as the 140. I wanted to have Serrations cut in the front of the slide but STI doesn't offer it right now. Now I'm wondering if I should sell the pistol when it gets back and buy one of the HP Edge pistols from Dawson or Brazos. Everytime I search the internet all I see is how everyone is raving about the Edge and especially the HP Edge.

The place I purchased my Apeiro from did some kind of micro polish inside and out on the magazine, they also said they tuned it. The mag looked beautiful and you could feel the difference between it and the 126mm I purchsed. I plan on sending the 140mm mags to him when I receive them tomorrow so he can work on those also. Anyway, before I start dumping more money into the Apeiro do you think it's worth just selling it and moving on to the HP Edge? The lack of front serrations kind of bother me but I didn't notice it at first because I was so focused on the island barrel and Sabertooth serrations in the back.

The DP Tool-Less Base Pads only work on the 140mm & 170mm mags. If you want a more durable base pad for your 126mm you can buy the DP Easy Off Base Pad Its not too expensive....$13 I believe. If you are or have been military.....DP also offers military discounts. Call and talk to Jennifer in their sales department. If you do decide to change to an Edge....I do recommend the Dawson CRP Edge but that is my .02....they also have 14 Edges in .40S&W in stock right now so the shipping of a CRP would be rather quick as they simply need to send it into their shop to add on their DP products. Also Dave checks the pistols as they come in from STI so you wont receive products with bent sights.

I would stick with the Apeiro. If it runs with the ammo that you are using you should be fine and if it doesn't just send it back to STI and they will fix it for you. I know 2 shooters that had feed issues with their edges (factory ammo) and STI fixed it for them and now their guns run with factory ammo and the longer loads as well.

As far as the creep you can take out some of the pre travel on the trigger yourself by taking it apart and adjusting the tab on the bow.

Brian

I have had 2 2011s (both VIPs, one 9mm and one a 40S&W that was converted to 10mm). I still have the 9mm. They have been the nicest factory builds I have owned for the money. I have had zero problems with either one

I sent the mags in to be worked on so I should have them back next week. I'm still not sure what to do with the Apeiro when I get it back. I'll probably just end of keeping it and then pick something else up later.

I would have a trigger job done on it for starters. Maybe a few other changes like stippling and undercutting. Maybe something with the grip safety too.

I had a stock Edge that I sent to Bobby at Freedom Gunworks. He did a number on it! The trigger is awesome! He did some other great stuff as well. Love it!

Maybe something with the grip safety too.

FYI If anyone doesn't know how to pin a grip safety.....

he does a good job of explaining it......I pinned the grip safeties on the 2 new edges before we even went to the range for the first time :devil: Some people pin some dont....I do

Interesting. Do alot of people do this?

I see a lot of it.... I enjoy the slight change that it brings and the ability to change the grip I have and know that the grip safety is still disengaged. my specific grip hold doesnt push the grip safety down 100% but still disengages it but it always made me nervous with my 1911.