Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help removing bolt from my Versa Max Tactical

I'm trying to clean my VM Tactical and unfortunately the manual which is generically written for all VM variants doesn't specifically address an issue with removing the bolt on the tactical version. I've taken it down as far as I can go, including removal of the trigger group. But I can't figure out how to remove the bolt without removing the charging handle (which blocks it from being pushed forward and out) nor can I figure out how to remove the charging handle.

If I'm right about needing to remove the charging handle, can someone explain or point me to a video/photo reference on doing this, or explain it? If I'm wrong about needing to remove the charging handle, can someone explain how to revove the bolt on the VM Tactical?

Edited by RolexJohn

Honestly, there isn't. I helped a guy on here a few months ago with the same thing. He wasn't pulling hard enough. Are we talking about the same thing? The bolt handle that you grasp to pull the bolt to the rear? If you are sure that is it and it's a VersaMax Tactical, you are not pulling hard enough. I swapped my Benelli bolt handles with my VM a few times and I'm telling you, it's hard the first time or two but that is the only way to do it.