Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun loading

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the X-Rail system how do you change from birdshot to slugs and back in the middle of the stage?

Just like a regular tube fed gun. Add a round or 6 to the mag tubes then burn whatever is in the chamber and the rounds you just loaded into the tube are now ready to go into the chamber. The trick with the XRail is that it's designed to rotate and reload a Fresh mag tube once 6 rounds are shot out of an auxiliary tube. So you can load 4 every several rounds. You gotta keep track of how many you shot if you want a full load of 4. If you just need 1-2 then you can load that just about anytime.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Is anyone running one of those Matchsaverz on a JM Pro? I am interested in one but I want to make sure it will work on my gun. I am sure it will...I just don't want to be the guinea pig.

Is anyone running one of those Matchsaverz on a JM Pro? I am interested in one but I want to make sure it will work on my gun. I am sure it will...I just don't want to be the guinea pig.

Have one on a 930. Since the pusher assembly rides into the hand guard parallel with the ejection port, you have to mount it lower and at a slight angle. Not near as smooth as a benelli.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the Carbon Arms Twin FSL 8 round? They look like two of the traditional 4rd caddies fused together, and may offer some additional versatility in loading technique.

http://www.carbonarms.us/TWinS-Shotgun-Loading-Systems/Carbon-Arms-TWinS-FSL-8-round.html

I have 3. Great for twin or quad loading. Get one.

Thank you for the recommendation. How do the prongs that hold the shells in work? Once you take the first row of shells out, what keeps the others from jumping around?

Has anyone tried the Carbon Arms Twin FSL 8 round? They look like two of the traditional 4rd caddies fused together, and may offer some additional versatility in loading technique.

http://www.carbonarms.us/TWinS-Shotgun-Loading-Systems/Carbon-Arms-TWinS-FSL-8-round.html

I have 3. Great for twin or quad loading. Get one.

Thank you for the recommendation. How do the prongs that hold the shells in work? Once you take the first row of shells out, what keeps the others from jumping around?

It's just a third pressure point. With the edges set to the correct width, there is enough friction to hold them in place and the rod acts to put pressure on them as well. They are solid.