Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ANYONE HERE USING E3?

bowenbuilt

I am having some very good results with it and was wondering if anyone here has tried it yet. It is the most accurate load I have ever had in 4 of my 9mm guns. I have found it to be very soft, clean burning and super accurate. I am currently loading 4 grains of it with a 124 grn. bullet. I have not found the down side yet. Anyone else?

I just saw some posts on it very recently. I was wondering too since I have seen that available in my area several times. There were some good comments on it and some were saying the same things you said. I may have to pick up some now...

A local guy that I shoot with uses it in his 9mm and 40 loads. Ive ran a few of his 9 loads through my production gun and it is very soft. I liked the feel so much i bought a pound of it but i havent had the time to work up any loads.

Edited by MRevolutionIX

Looking at that info I found BE86.. Could this be Brian Enos 86? Seemed like a good powder too. Going to have to try some new things I guess. That is another thing I really like about reloading. Hearing about other powders, and trying them out.

Looking at that info I found BE86.. Could this be Brian Enos 86? Seemed like a good powder too. Going to have to try some new things I guess. That is another thing I really like about reloading. Hearing about other powders, and trying them out.

Power Pistol was known as Bullseye 86 when it was a oem powder for the ammunition companies. Remember this years ago from a American Handgunner magazine article when it was released to reloaders. Power pistol is great for full power loads. Excellent reputation among bullseye shooters for accuracy. To snappy for our game. Here's some more info for power pistol:

From the Encyclopedia of Bullseye Pistol website's reloading page...

Encyclopedia of Bullseye Pistol

A Load for the 9mm Service Pistol

Here is a 9mm load that David Sams has been using for testing Beretta 92 barrels and his completed guns that has been proven sub 1.5" groups at 50 yds is as follows:

* Starline brass

* 115gr Hornady FMJ-RN bullet

* 6.0 - 6.2gr Alliant Power Pistol powder

* Rem #5 1/2 SP primers

* O.A.L. -- 1.120" no-crimp

Out of a barrel test fixture using Bar-Sto barrels groups have consistently run between .975" to 1.5" averaging about 1". Through David's completed 92F's, he claims that they have been running 1.3" - 1.5" as a reminder these are hand-loaded.

For a 9mm, about as good as you can get.

Edited by dee loo

It is a very good shotgun powder but tends to be expensive compared to other powders designed for similar loads.

I don't know how you do your math, but E3, per round, is the cheapest powder I have ever used, at close to 2000 rounds a pound with low density and good metering, I really like it. I am on my second 8# jug after trying a few 1# canisters.

I am getting very good accuracy, especially with Hornady HAPs. I have shot 8 different bullet types with it and all did well. As compared to other powders in 9mm in the 125 to 135 PF range, I find it softer and more accurate.

I noticed this is a flake powder. Will this cause problems in a Dillon XL650 with the Automatic Powder Measure System and the Auto Powder Check?

That is what I load on. Better than Clays. My variation is about 0.1 grains. After loading 2K rounds, there is definitely a little powder to clean up, but no more than with the ball powders.

How about .45ACP and how does it compare to Clays ???

If you want to shoot steel, but I would not go major PF with it. It is a little faster and a little hotter than Clays.

Power Pistol was known as Bullseye 86 when it was a oem powder for the ammunition companies.

No.

Power Pistol is Bullseye 84.

Bullseye 86 is not Power Pistol.

Power Pistol was known as Bullseye 86 when it was a oem powder for the ammunition companies.

No.

Power Pistol is Bullseye 84.

Bullseye 86 is not Power Pistol.

I stand corrected. Is there a bullseye 86?

Going to try E3 next time I order powder. Using solo 1000 right now.

Edited by dee loo

I used 3.8 grains as a starting load and worked up. I am using a Berry 124 HBFN and Missouri Bullets 125 cast Cones at 1.10 OAL with mixed brass and CCI primers. My MG's should be in next week and will try this same load with these. This is softest, most accurate powder I have used in 9mm. I have not done any experimenting with it in .40 or .45 ACP yet but I understand that others are using it in these calibers. Be careful as a little goes a long way. At 4 grns the cases fully sealed in the chamber and the primers just started to look like a factory load. I did not try more than 4 grns because it is shooting ragged holes at 25 yards and cycles the gun perfectly. 4 grns is approaching 1200 FPS in my 5.25 and I see no need to go any further.