Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Local 3 gun is coming to Rockcastle

Just talked to Brent at Rockcastle. They are trimming trees in Doe Valley so we can shoot flashers across the pond. Will also have 80 Knock down plates. Wish I could skip work tomorrow and just head down there.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is wanting to help out, we could use a couple guys w/ I-pads, I-pods, I-phones w/ practiscore just to make sure we have someone on each squad that can score.

Worst case, we'll send up smoke signals to Amy at the lodge....

:)

If anyone is wanting to help out, we could use a couple guys w/ I-pads, I-pods, I-phones w/ practiscore just to make sure we have someone on each squad that can score.

Worst case, we'll send up smoke signals to Amy at the lodge....

:)

Bryan,

I have the App on my iPhone 5. I've not used it yet - but I'll have it available with a full charge on the battery.

Guys, I've had a couple messages about some time corrections. Scores have been updated twice since about 1730. If there are any other corrections, please let me know.

Thanks to Sue V. and Gary Madison for setting up most of the stages on Friday for the pistol match Saturday. Even with this work done, it still took us about 5 hours Sat evening to get set up for today.

Thanks to Brian Vaught for being the guy who said "we need to put on a match", Rockcastle for allowing us to run it, Ben Fortin for providing steel targets, set up help, and technical support for Practiscore. Thanks to all the ROs and score keepers too.

We'll let you guys know when we have the second match scheduled. BUT IT WON'T BE JUNE! :)

Great match! Thanks to everyone that made it happen and to the folks at the Rockcastle Shooting Center for being such good hosts. Scores were available and posted while we ate dinner. Practiscore is one seriously cool scoring tool.

My feet, back and shoulder hurt and I have almost completely lost my voice.... What a great time I had at Rockcastle this weekend. I hope the match was fun for the experienced shooter and new shooter alike. Thanks to Bryan, Ben, Nick, Brent, all the folks that helped out running squads, and the staff at the Rock. These type of matches remind me what is fun about 3-gun and hanging out with 3 gunners.

• 2 weeks later...

Any projected dates for another one or two of these? I didnt get the ProAm but might be interested in a down and back Saturday thing. I have not been and is this setup to use the cart or work out of your car?

Any projected dates for another one or two of these? I didnt get the ProAm but might be interested in a down and back Saturday thing. I have not been and is this setup to use the cart or work out of your car?

Car & cart is a good combo. They use the bays for 4/5 stages (cart) and then go to Doe Valley for a stage or two (car down the hill).

Look at the PanAm 3 gun 4th of July weekend at Rockcastle if your schedule permits. 10 stages/3 days/ $80 entry fee. Gary Welborn is MD. I suspect this will be a super match.

Dave

Car & cart is a good combo. They use the bays for 4/5 stages (cart) and then go to Doe Valley for a stage or two (car down the hill).

Look at the PanAm 3 gun 4th of July weekend at Rockcastle if your schedule permits. 10 stages/3 days/ $80 entry fee. Gary Welborn is MD. I suspect this will be a super match.

Dave

Crap, Im forced to work that weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Looks like July 28th for next Local 3-Gun at the Rock. About same round count, slightly longer stages, we will try to set some up in the "shady areas". Still planning on a classifier for the club series.

Also planning on offering a "intro to 3-Gun" class the evening prior for new shooters, depending on interest.

More info to come across via this forum, FB, Rock's website, etc....

Update: Looks like July 28th for next Local 3-Gun at the Rock. About same round count, slightly longer stages, we will try to set some up in the "shady areas". Still planning on a classifier for the club series.

Also planning on offering a "intro to 3-Gun" class the evening prior for new shooters, depending on interest.

More info to come across via this forum, FB, Rock's website, etc....

See ya there - I'll start packing tonight!

Yes, USPSA is Sat the 27th.

Steve, the match is JULY 28th. Maybe wait to pack a couple of weeks.

I'm just excited !

#%#&^##(@# ! :angry2:

July 28 is the same day as the Uncle Ted (Nugent) concert in Nashville and we've got tickets (and a group planning to go to the show)....what to do, what to do?

Edited by GunCat

• 2 weeks later...

I know you guys aren't planning to far in advanced but my schedule gets freed up in September and October. Are you planning on following the USPSA matches on these months as well?

I know we won't be able to have them in September because both MDs will be gone to a 3GN Pro Series match and FNH. October won't be possible because of Blue Ridge and The Rockcastle International Pro Am.

I apologize for the short notice on these matches, but between Rockcastles busy schedule and our own, it's tough finding time to put a match together. We enjoyed the first one though and are looking forward to the end of this month for the next.