Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Local 3 gun is coming to Rockcastle

In association w/ the 3 Gun Nation Club Series, Rockcastle will be hosting it's first local 3 gun match on May 26. We're trying to get an idea of how many shooters to expect, if you're planning on coming please post here or email either Brian Vaught or myself.

406521363.jpg

Edited by Bryan 45

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't be able to make this one, I'll be on the road back from Bianchi. Are they planning on having regularly scheduled 3 Gun Matches and if so is this the weekend of the month they're planning on??

Steve, at this time it won't be every month. But, it will most likely stay the day after their USPSA pistol match. They shoot USPSA on the 4th Saturday. There will probably be at least two other matches this year.

Edited by Bryan 45

Getting several emails about pre-registering for the match. Not necessary. Registration will be morning of. We do appreciate (but not mandatory) an email to let us know you are planning on attending, or FB message.

Got some of the pistol match stages from the Rock yesterday and they look cool.

Edited by Lead-Head

Looks like we will be shooting (at least some stages) outside of the pistol bays. Can we easily drive a car or truck to each stage?

Or just tell me where we are shooting, I'm starting to know my way around Rockcastle pretty well

We'll likely have 4 stages at the bays, an all shotgun classifier across from the bays, and one stage at Doe Valley. (The valley on the right as you're coming up the hill from 31W towards the lodge.) Access to everything should be easy.

We're looking forward to it!

Good question! Somewhere between 30 and 100. I wish we had a better idea, but between the forum, facebook, Rockcastle's website, emails, and AR15.com, we've lost count of confirmations, and I'm sure we'll get plenty that just show up.

We're hoping for 50, and at this point I think that's very realistic. If we have 100, we should still be able to finish before sunset. 5 of the stages will be at the bays, 1 stage in Doe Valley. This will minimize travel time in case we end up w/ a full house.

Just a reminder for everyone- sign ups start at 0830 central, mandatory new shooters meeting at 0915, everyone needs to be at the bays at 0945 for a quick brief, and we're going hot at 1000 sharp.

Edited by Bryan 45