Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Relocating To Albuquerque

It's been 20 years since I left Albuquerque but the northeast heights area had decent home and schools. They also had quite a few new developments west of the Rio Grande and north of I40. The bonus to this area is that it's closer to the shooting range state park. I used to belong to Zia Rifle and Pistol Club south of town.

Enjoyed living there but the drivers are NUTS!! I've driven all over Europe and in Asia and they've got nothing on Albuquerque!

ctay is on here as well, with school-age kids. He's in NW Abq. We are both with Rio Grande Practical Shooters [www.rgpsc.com] - two matches a month, plus the High Desert Classic in August.

Hello: If you have school age kids you want to be in the north east heights. The best schools are here. K-5th Double Eagle, 6-8th Desert Ridge and the high school is La Cueva. I am a half hour away fro Zia, city range and about 50 minutes from Del Norte, Founders Ranch and Big Horn. Albuquerque trap club is 35 minutes from me. I shoot with Rio Grand as well and know Tom and Chris. Chris has very young kids and is thinking of moving to the NE side of town. It may also depend on where you work since there is only a couple of ways to cross the rio grand. Traffic can be bad at times but alot better than CA. Thanks, Eric

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tons of homes for rent in the Ventana Ranch area and they have two new schools there. APS in general is not a great school system but the new west side ventana ranch schools and the north east heights schools are the best. The ones that aircooled6racer mentioned are very good schools on the east side but there are not as many homes for rent in that area. Make sure when you go to the west side what school district you are in. You do not want kids to go to Cibola High School and very much do not want to go West Mesa High School. Volcano Vista high in Ventana Ranch is a good school and brand new.

Rio Grande Practical Shooting Club (rgpsc.com) is a great place to shoot with a lot of good guys.

• 4 months later...