Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versa Max 3 Gun Edition

JRicks

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NICE! Wish we could see the carrier. Is it the forked tail devil from the standard VersaMax or something new????

:)

I believe you'll be pleased with the new carrier. ;)

You'll never guess where they came up with some of the improvements. :)

August might be a bit aggressive. I was told a number of units to be produced, and it sounds generous, but since "I'm not authorized to speak" about it officially, I won't divulge the number.

The Remington engineers were very nice and really understood the whys and hows of the mods, even the second spring and the shell latch and bolt lightening issues they understood.

Should be the first gun you can take out of the box and go shoot a major with no worries and no gunsmithing.

Edited by MarkCO

August might be a bit aggressive. I was told a number of units to be produced, and it sounds generous, but since "I'm not authorized to speak" about it officially, I won't divulge the number.

The Remington engineers were very nice and really understood the whys and hows of the mods, even the second spring and the shell latch and bolt lightening issues they understood.

Should be the first gun you can take out of the box and go shoot a major with no worries and no gunsmithing.

Production will most likely be after August, but I won't necessarily be shooting a production version.

Production will most likely be after August, but I won't necessarily be shooting a production version.

When I get one, it will certainly be used in the next possible match as well. :)

Great to see it in the public eye, huh? :)

This gun has some great improvments, I wish they would have shown a better picture!

An engineer at a large firearms company who listened to the shooters for a change! It is an amazing thing....

I think everyone will find that the complaints they had with the VMT have been well taken care of with this rendition.

Edited by bpipe95

This gun has some great improvments, I wish they would have shown a better picture!

An engineer at a large firearms company who listened to the shooters for a change! It is an amazing thing....

I think everyone will find that the complaints they had with the VMT have been well taken care of with this rendition.

Maybe Remington has some engineers who ARE shooters. ;)

Maybe Remington has some engineers who ARE shooters. ;)

who would have known... ;)

I think it's more likely that some engineers who are shooters and listen to other shooters were finally able to talk some marketing folks who can identify which is muzzle and which is breach that these are desired modifications.

I think it's more likely that some engineers who are shooters and listen to other shooters were finally able to talk some marketing folks who can identify which is muzzle and which is breach that these are desired modifications.

Unfortunatly Marketing did win a couple of the battles...

It's great to see improvements!

Is it possible Robbie Johnson had any input in this SG??

When Remington first contacted me, I asked why they were not getting input from Robbie and Strader. The answer was interesting to say the least, but as far as I understood, they had not been successful in their prior attempts to talk to Robbie.