Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9 Major go or no go ?

lcs

I just had a new S&W Ti cylinder installed in my PC 627 and converted to 9mm with moon capability.

I presume the Ti cylinder is capable of 9 Major loads . I intend to shoot minor loads, but what if ?

I know, I should have asked before I got the Ti cylinder.

I would check with whoever did the conversion. They will know what the wall thickness is on the chamber after the conversion.

That is a great answer. I will and thanks.

I was focused on Ti cylinder versus 357 stock cylinder.

Edited by lcs

• 2 weeks later...

The cylinder is from a model 327(a light weight version of the stainless 627) that is made to shoot .357 magunum loads. Check the published pressures of .357 loads to those pressures w/9 major.

9 major is not permitted in USPSA except for Open division.

The cylinder is from a model 327(a light weight version of the stainless 627) that is made to shoot .357 magunum loads. Check the published pressures of .357 loads to those pressures w/9 major.

9 major is legal in Revo.

I would check with whoever did the conversion. They will know what the wall thickness is on the chamber after the conversion.

I did check with the smith who did the conversion--9 major can be shot in the Ti cylinder.

Rule please to support your statement.

Rule please to support your statement.

I think it there used to be a COL requirement for Major in Revo. ? I don't see it now?

I think it there used to be a COL requirement for Major in Revo. ? I don't see it now?

Long time ago, to make major your brass had to be stamped 357 Magnum. Now it is just 19mm case length or longer. Edited by Tom Freeman

Long time ago, to make major your brass had to be stamped 357 Magnum. Now it is just 19mm case length or longer.

Thanks Tom. I recalled it was 357mag. Didn't recall details.

Were people trying to cut 357mag brass down for faster reloads?

Thanks Tom. I recalled it was 357mag. Didn't recall details.

Were people trying to cut 357mag brass down for faster reloads?

Not so much faster, but compared to 38 Special brass 357 is a lot more expensive. So lots of guys would cut down 357 brass some 38 Special length and shoot really heavy bullets. Internally most 357 brass is the same as 38 Special.

Edited by Tom Freeman