Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where are the Primers?

XDman

Actually got to purchase MGB's a few days ago. :bow: Seems they are getting more made and available as time goes on, but my problem is the lack of primers. At current pace for practice, local match, Ohio, and PA sectional, I will be out of primers by the end of July. :surprise:

Anyone finding Primers?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up 15K yesterday at local gun store. :D Winchester, $40/K, no limit. Not the cheapest I have ever purchased but in this environment I have no complaints.

Keep an eye on MidwayUSA May 30th. I think that is when they expect Winchester small pistol primers.

Fin Feather and Fur one of the largest reloading stores I have been in, ever, has had them come in on a regular basis all year.

Of course they sell out eventually too but I have bought 10K from them, driving all the way to Ashland because nobody in Columbus had any. They limit purchases quantity but I think you have 3 of the stores up there.

Ok I am probably kicked out of the Primer Hoarders Club for giving that out

Edited by BSeevers

You just have to keep checking the local shops and online. They come in all the time but go right back out.

I bought 5000 Winchester LP at Widners a few days ago. Prices are higher than they once were but what are you going to do?

The ones they had for sale didn't last long, however, they should have wiped out their backorders for the Tulas so the next shipment should last a lot longer than an hour or two after being placed on their site.

B,

Thanks for the info. Went to Fin and was able to get 1k, my wife was along and had her get 1k as well. They limit you to 1k per person per type. Looks like I will stop at each store on my way down to the Ohio Champs shoot. And then on the way back!

Went to the local Dixie Gun Show today.

Components were to be found, more pistol powder than rifle, mostly 1#, primers of most types if not able to select specific brands.

Powder prices mostly around $25/lb.

Primers anywhere from $34/1k CCI on up to $52/1k and someone selling 5k/300 for Federal SPP, so much for the bulk discount on that one.

Projectiles were mainly 9mm 115gr, 100-500 count tops, don't think I saw any 124gr anywhere.

On the plus side, ARs were there at nearly normal pricing, from $750-$850 on up, and 30rd AR mags were $12 or so on up.

We can hope supplies are improving...maybe.

They are scarce in my AO as well. And you pretty much have to be online, signed on, and ready to order when primers post on Midway, at Graf's or Powder Valley (ALL Good folks, imho) as they only last a few minutes.

I was able to order, and receive, 5000 Federal SSP from Midway last month.

Hopefully, as mentioned, backorders are filling and primers will last a bit longer. But...we'll see.

I picked up 15K yesterday at local gun store. :D Winchester, $40/K, no limit.

Wow! Where did you find a store willing to let you buy with no limit? When I can find them, they usually limit you to 1K - 5K.

Edited by Parallax3D