Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

powder hopper

How many of you leave the powder in the hopper or put it back in the jug when not in use.. I have found it a bit of a pain in the butt to pour back in if still attached to tool head.

I leave it in the hopper. I take a peice of 1/2 wide elastic from the wife's sewing supplies wrap it around the hopper to measure length and then staple it into a circle.Then write on it with a sharpie what powder is in it slip it on the hopper and you have a refrence as to you powder.

I always empty mine after a reloading session, even if I will continue loading the next day.

That way I won't need to remember what powder is in there and less chance it will absorb moisture.

Leave it. I put a sticky note on the outside with the powder and drop amount on it and also put a silica gel pack in the hopper to absorb moisture (probably does little good, but it does not hurt anything). If you open the jug every day, there is no more moisture in the hopper than in the jug.

I figure if I pulled a sandwich baggie over top with a rubber band and left with dies I'd be okay. Its not a constant change in powder or charge with a particular caliber

seems like there isn't a clear-cut case of "this is what to do" .. still leaves me in a bit of quandary.

But on the other hand we did get a response from B.E. admin. also??

I have decided to remove it from the hopper as it is being used in my basement , which does have a dehumidifier going nonstop at the driest setting possible but why take the chance i guess