Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

When a large range calls the police and says I'm shooting at me house. The police come out look at things ask some questions. Ask if I have the okay from the nieghbors for the noise. ( yes ). The police tell me I'm good to go and to be safe, so that didn't work.

The large range calls the county manager and tells them I'm running a range and teaching people how to shoot. Nothing is farther from the truth. I will show my daughter when she gets a little older. My father shoots IDPA I shoot USPSA we practice together. The assessor tells us the gun club said this and that. The gun club has never been to the house, how do they know ? The assessor said we can't teach we say ok he ask us to hold off till he gets back to us. WTH. More to come. We have a 12 ft hi berm 80ft long. We are very safe. But I guess the big club want to own shooting? But I'm not rolling over this is my land, just like that is there land. I wonder who the will call next? Obama ?

Edited by a matt

If you're on your property, aren't breaking any zoning laws, the neighbors aren't complaining, and nothing's leaving your property, I don't see why you're not out there practicing right now! I'd call my atorney for the green light, but I don't see how the assessor can do anything other than change your tax status from residential to commercial.

Good for you. Only way they could say "commercial" or "can't" is if it is for profit. Colorado has a 40 acre minimum to shoot on your own land, but not sure if anything like that applies to you.

Good luck!

The assessor told me to stop till they got back in touch with me. They said they will contact me soon.

This is what is crazy, they said they found bullets, I'm lost, it's a range. What are they going to find gold bars?, maybe they said they are my bullets?? We don't shoot that way. Plus they shoot every type gun known, and bullets or what's left all over that range. So I'll be good and wait for the call, then ask for it in writing, then call my attorney and then,,,,, go shoot. Lol

Yes, I called the county manager too, former police officer for the city. But I have a feeling they will let me know soon. We are going to give them a week. Then my attorney will run with it. First thing out of his mouth "county ordinance" my attorney " no sir " . Then he said he will get back with us.

Edited by a matt

Of snap, just got off the phone, our city official shoots 5 stand at the big range. This should befun! Lol. the same one that said stop. Well 1 week is what hey have, im not breaking the law. 1 week & I will be shooting at my berm, they have my land listed as a range in the complaint. The complaint I have yet to see? Oh well, wish me luck...

Edited by a matt

That is strike 2 for you. Don't go to 3. Lol.

It's just aggregating, they are having a big shoot the weekend. If they didn't want the distraction they could have stopped bye, I would have had no problem holding off for a week do so. But the did what they did, and I will follow their lead. Until Wed. Then I'm shooting, can't get arrested police said I am fine. So like I said Wed. 4pm bang bang. I'm shooting.

Well, I know him the pres, I know half the people involved, they however don't know I am the one they are bucking on. The ones I know would not care. The other half are starched collars, blue bloods and the such. So the guys and gals I know will never buck that system. But that said now that I have the attorney signed on that I can continue. I will try to reach out to try to prevent an issue in the future. I will also let you know how that goes. Extending the olive branch, to say. thanks all.

• 2 weeks later...

County attourny said I'm good to go, he said The club is harassing us and to stop, or they will be breaking the law. Wow, good times.

Thank you for the comments. I thought we were done. Just don't give up. You just don't know...

I'm betting your laywer got their attention.... Court costs. Lawyer fees. Possible loss in a lawsuit and the resulting reputation damage in the press.... Good to hear it all went your way!

BC