Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 1-6 ACOG

rtr

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FFP. Reticle covers the same amount of target regarless of magnification.

Yeah, I know. I meant at 100yds. Brain was working slower than the fingers. 66.4 MOA just seems huge to me. Just the opposite of other ffp low power scopes I've used. And much bigger than the sfp scopes I have that I feel have the perfect size reticle. I'm hoping to look thru one someday, but I'm not getting my hopes up on this one. I'm sure it will be all the rage for some though.

The segmented circle reticle I saw, the circle portion was pretty large at 1x. Similar in size to an eotech reticle. When zoomed in to 6x, the circle portion is still visible, but runs out closer to the edges of the FOV and well away from the target area. The segmented circle will be a nice compromise between fast and precise. The horse shoe reticle is like a traditional AGOC size at 6x (I don't know the exact MOA size of the horse shoe)and is overall smaller than the segmented circle. The horse shoe will slim down to a large dot at 1x. I didn't get to compare them directly, but I imagine the segmented cir will be both brighter when illuminated (due to more surface area to reflect light) and provide a larger, black contrasted area when shooting fast, without illumination.