Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New 1-6 ACOG

rtr

Looks funky..but I like it...sort of.

Snaps I just bought a vortex 1-6 a couple weeks ago...like it a lot.

If the vcog was say... $1750 and I did not buy the vortex yet...I would be interested in taking a look at one.

you can easily find Trijicon on sale for 30% off MRSP. So street price should be around $1589.

good point...TR24 price on the trijicon website says $1050; and I think paid less than $680 for it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason that looks like it belongs on a Draganov to me.

Same here, I think it looks pretty cool. Price negates purchase from me though, to high IMO.

Edited by george995

Like I stated somewhere else, expensive, heavy, MOA turrets, integral scope mount, AA battery, mediocre values for exit pupil or FOV, less than exiting reticle choices, dot brightness(?)

Considering how long Trijicon took to get this out, I was expecting more from them.

Batteries in an ACOG branded scope.....yuk.

First focal plane........yuk.

Those reticles...are just.......yuk.

2k.......... Ouch.... Yuk.

I also would like to have seen an updated TR24 with 1-6 And a ACOG red chevron reticle with the BDC..... Maybee next time. For now ill keep my TR24.

I also would like to have seen an updated TR24 with 1-6 And a ACOG red chevron reticle with the BDC..... Maybee next time. For now ill keep my TR24.

Lol couldnt have said it better. I was praying for a TR25 1-6, only to have been disappointed for the last two shot shows where it was going to be the next big thing.

Batteries are fine with me as most of the scopes out there use them. There is a few down sides to the fiber optics tritium set up. 1. The fiber optics act like a target indicator at night. I remember being on a gun call and seeing my scopes fiber optics glowing green on my TR24. Not a good thing. Partly operator error for not closing the light intake before the call partly scope issue. 2. Accupoints reticle can go dark when firing from a dark area into a lit one like say from inside a building to outside.

I like a lot of those reticles.

2K is spendy but in line with what optics in this class cost.

Pat

why do you not like the first focal plane?

Handled it at the NRA show. It was impressive in the hand, but the picture was unforgiving outside of optimum eye releif. I did like FFP reticle. At 1x the ring was very fast for close up, and at 6x the crosshair came in very clear.

They went with the battey power for several reasons:

1) The SRS circuit has worked out very well

2) Current product methods for traditional ACOGs and Accupoints require a lot of work by hand that just doesn't scale.

3) Tritium is ITAR regulated meaning overseas sales is a no go for lots of countries

why do you not like the first focal plane?

My personal preference for a 3-gun optic. At low magnification I feel the reticle is too small. On a scope used primarily at high magnification settings for long distances FFP is fine, but that's not 3-gun.

The VCOC reticle seems thoughtful on the FFP implementation. The ring on 1x is about the right size for close up speed, and the fine crosshairs are almost invisible because they are so small. Then in 6x the ring seemingly moves out of the way and the crosshairs come into focus for longer range work. You should check it out before you pass judgement on te FFP.

• 1 month later...

I'm definitie intrigued by this one. Now there's 3 FFP (bushnell, SWFA,vcog)options out there and as soon as us optics gets in gear there will be 4. I wish I had the money to be able to do some side by side on these but I don't have 6+ grand to drop on glass just to see how I like em.

The VCOC reticle seems thoughtful on the FFP implementation. The ring on 1x is about the right size for close up speed, and the fine crosshairs are almost invisible because they are so small. Then in 6x the ring seemingly moves out of the way and the crosshairs come into focus for longer range work. You should check it out before you pass judgement on te FFP.

That's what I was aiming for.

• 1 month later...

Got to check one of these out at RM3G. I was more impressed than I thought I would be. Eye box is more forgiving than the MK6 or the Bushnell 1-6.5 The illumination is brighter than both also, and is bright enough to be seen in 1x (first focal makes reticle small in 1x). Glass is better than the Bushnell and as good as the Leupold. Turrets are similar quality to the Accupoint, which I felt was a strong point. Weight is actually on par with most scopes in this class, once you add in the weight of a mount, which is integral to the VCOG. The design is compact and the construction is rugged. The reticle I got to see had the 4 quarter circles and had hold overs from 300-800yds. So plenty of usefull info for the indian to reach out with his arrows. FOV is good and the rear occular ring nearly disappears when looking at targets. I'd say, if you are looking for a 1-6 FFP, this one should garner some serious consideration. I still think the Vortex 1-6x is still a better overall scope and value, but many competitors have been waiting for a quality 1-6 with FFP and bright illumination. It isn't Aimpoint, Eotech, Shortdot, Vortex JM bright, but is functionally bright in New Mexico desert sun. I'd equate it to my Miopta or a Z6i in terms of illumination intensity. Anyway, they should be on the streets just in time for people to pack thier rifles away for winter. Cheers!

That's what I was aiming for.

What size is the illuminated portion of the reticle at 1x (in MOA)?

• 4 weeks later...