Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Time for a new Range Bag... help

Cundiff5535

Any color but black. And a standard range bag strapped to keep the bag up high when you walk, with a padded strap, is about as comfortable as a backpack type and less likely to tip over when you set it on a table at each new stage of a match.

Check out the new medium size CED range backpack. I have the range pro backpack and love it, though it is a little big to carry at club matches but I do it anyways

You actually carry it? The only ones I've seen have been mounted on a hand truck :)

Haha, yes I still think I'm 18 so my stubbornness to age won't let me strap it to a cart just yet. Give it a few more years and then ask me again...

• 2 weeks later...

I have 3 Huskey tool bags from the Home Depot:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-18-in-Large-Mouth-Bag-with-Tool-Wall-80897N09/202018002#.Ua0fjzn3DoE

The bag is very sturdy with stiff walls lined with two rows of strong-but-streatchy pockets and a hard divider lined with the same pockets. The pockets will each hold 1 AR mag or 2-3 pistol mags. There is plenty of storage between the walls for stuff like gun case, ammo, earpro, eye pro, stapler, rulebook, gloves, timer, brush...the list goes on. I purchased the bag last year after seeing it recommended on here, and have since bought a separate one for each of my production, limited, and 3gun setups. I'll see if I can track down some pictures...

I have a CED bag, a Dillon bag, a Green Mountain bag, and a Shooters Connection bag. I use all 4 regularly as I have each set up for a different range use so I just have to grab the appropriate bag and head for the range. The CED and Dillon are set up for the indoor range for different leagues, the Green Mountain bag is for 3 gun because it fits in the Rugged Gear cart perfectly, and the Shooters Connection bag is for IPSC/Steel Challenge.

The Shooters Connection and the Green Mountain are head and shoulders above the others in quality. The Dillon bag has held up OK, but isn't laid out as well as the other bags. The CED is 3 years old, but is starting to get pretty ragged even though it's primarily used only indoors. It is laid out better than the Dillon. The Shooters Connection and the Green Mountain are 4 and 5 years old and still look new (dusty, but otherwise new) and clearly are designed by competition shooters. My only complaint with the Shooters Connection bag is, it just holds too bloody much stuff! I have to work at not filling it to capacity and killing my back! If I had to buy another bag I probably would buy a Green Mountain, I think it's just about the perfect size.

Which Green Mountain bag fits the cart perfectly?

If it's of help ?

The smaller is : 23" L X 11" W X 10.5" H, the larger 27" L X 14" W X 12.5" H

The Shooters Connection bags are the best I've seen personally. I went from a 5.11 bag to a smaller SC Ultra bag. I miss the size of the larger 5.11 bag, but the SC Ultra's construction is far better. I"m currently in the market for the large SC bag.

I had an Uncle Mikes range bag for a couple years that did the job. I was using it as a rest for my rifle and shot one of the zippers off. Whoops

I just replaced it with a Midwayusa bag and love it. It has all the pockets and mag holders I could ask for. It is a little on the heavy side but I am more than satisfied with my purchase.

You can't beat the price too.

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/2200x1650/primary/638/638531.jpg

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939259680/midwayusa-competition-range-bag

4.9 stars out of 788 reviews