Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Good source for 9mm brass

cjd1215

What is a good place to purchase 9mm brass? Both new and used. I know Starline seems to be the standard for new but it seems they never have any to order. Do you think it is a good practice to reload "once fired" to 9mm major. I am a little hesitate to reload "once fired" brass that I have not fired to 9mm major. No problem if I know I have fired the brass.

Check out your local indoor public ranges. The one here was selling very good brass, mostly once-fired, for as low as $8 a thousand.

There is absolutely no problem with reloading 9mm Major several times. The only negative that I have observed - after several times around, I had some percentage that had bulge and would not chamber... that percentage was maybe 2-5%, but at that point I would start using that brass for the regular 9mm.

Check out your local indoor public ranges. The one here was selling very good brass, mostly once-fired, for as low as $8 a thousand.

$8 per thousand? I think that's less than the scrap price. Care to share the store name?

4H kids around here sort and sell range brass so most of mine comes from them.

When I order brass I use http://shop.thebrassexchange.com/Pistol-Brass_c2.htm Its been 90% once fired, there were a few with HK markings that've had the primer crimp chamfered/removed so I'm guessing some is commercial reloads run through rental guns. I tried a few out, no issues so in with the rest of the brass they went.

For 9Major I start seeing loose primer pockets after about 5 loadings. Only bulging or rupturing issue I've ever had from 9Major was with once fired, by me, Amerc trash reloaded to major. It's the only headstamp I throw away.

I use new Starline for big matches. In minor and major.

Targetmaster at DE/PA border used to sell a box for $10, usually with 1200-1300 cases in a box. Maybe a bit more now - my last purchase was probably 5 months ago.