Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

is glock beaver tail ssp legal yet?

900_DRIVER

I have been reading that Glock is shipping gen 4 guns with the factory beavertail extension included with the other interchangeable grips. So does anybody know if a grip force adapter is legal for SSP?

Based on the wording in the following web page, I would bet that the Grip Force beavertail Adapter is not legal. Only the factory one for gen4.

http://chuckdisalvo.wordpress.com/2013/04/19/good-news-from-idpa-and-uspsa/

Maybe you could give them a call? A similar question has been posted on the official IDPA forum for over a month and a half with no response.

http://idpaforum.yuku.com/topic/10110/Beavertail-Grip-Extensions-in-SSP

Bubba announced on the IDPA forum a long time ago that they weren't going to be doing any more pre-rulebook rulings. You'll have to wait a week to see the preliminary 2013 rulebook and see if it's covered.

Edited by Adam Sills

This question answers itself. It's a stock glock part, the interchangeable backstraps are legal, so why wouldn't the stock glock part that is essentially an upgraded interchangeable backstrap/beavertail not be legal?

OEM extended slide stock as found on the 34/35 are legal on all glocks, while the tangodown/vickers extended slide stop is not. why? because one is OEM and one is aftermarket.

That logic appears to be pretty cut and dry.

the factory part on a gen 4 pistol only is ssp legal according to IDPA. Thats what I was told by hq. There is NO need to wait for the new rulebook when you have the ability to call hq and ask directly.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you want to order the factory original go to the bottom of the Glock website, click on the downloadable materials, and select the parts order form for non-certified armorers (unless you are one). I mailed in my order form today for beavertail grips for my G17 and G23. $16 per gun and $5 for shipping.

• 4 months later...