Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ACS Custom Solid Flat Trigger

knedrgr

Ok so you made your own shoe and pinned it to the stock stirrup correct? That's a great way to save some $ and get what you want. Are you going to apply a finish to it? Black would look slick. Or anodize it using rit dye?

Thanks. It was more of a test to myself to see if I can do one from hand shaping of a blank stock.

Weighted it the other day and it came in at 9.1 g. Alittle bit on the heavy side. So it needs to be internally relieved of some weight. For comparison, the stock Infinity trigger with the flat insert came in at 5.4 g. So if I can bring this down to around 6-7 g then it'll be better.

It'll be blacken out to match the black top end. Interesting concept on using black Rit dye. Gonna have to investigate.

We used to do it to paintball guns. I believe the instructions are still posted on warpig. Cerakote would probable be easier for black though. Now if you wanted purple or some other odd color rit is the way to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you.

It's not stake, but adhered with JB Weld. I had cut out a slot with a die grinder and straightened it up with a file. Then both surfaces were cleaned and degreased before the JB Weld was applied. Placed inside the grip to cure, using the grip as a jig.