Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CED 8000 for dry fire

shane8168

Most people who use a shot timer for dry fire... as far as i know, use it for the par time function. The shot timer is likely not going to pick up your dry fire shots. It might pick up the cycling of an airsoft gun??

I use a CED 7000. Normally, I figure out a baseline time (average time) for a particular dry fire drill or skill, set my par time, and try to improve that time by working on fundamentals and doing things in the most efficient way possible.

I've been able to set the CED 8000 sensitivity to where it would "hear" my airsoft pistol about 75% of the time but the timer had to be about 6 inches from the gun. I bet that dry-fire will not be loud enough to trip the sensor.

The CED 8000 has inputs for stop plates. A little creativity, a steel range burner cover and some phone cord ended up a nice little airsoft stop plate. The CED 8000 allows you to set the sensor to always open or always closed.

Bill

I got a used CED 8000 recently and don't know how to get it to register dry fire "shots".

I tried to turn the microphone all the way up, but that didn't help...

Any advice?

I use mine extensively for revolver dry-fire ..... The microphone won't pick up hammer snaps unless it is almost on top of the gun. Par mode is easy to use and the repeat function helps you train a specific timed aspect of a match. Be creative ...and enjoy.

I used the CED 8000 for airsoft. Picks it up as long as it is close. For just dry fire you have to put a wrist band on your offhand so it is as close as possibile. Not very comfortable and it ruins the practice session. I agree with other posters. For dry fire I just normally use the PAR times. But I like practicing with the airsoft a lot and CED 8000 works great for that.