Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ammo Ready

Greg in VA

I went to the range today with the cronograph and finally figured out what what load I am going to use this year. I was undecided until today, I thought I would be shooting some Hornady JHP's, but in order to make PF I had to jack the powder up to much for my K frame. I settled on Zero 148 gr. DEWC's (again) at 850fps. Since my new XL650 still hasn't arrived I guess I'll be loading rounds one at a time on the single stage.

Edited by LtCop

Loaded my match ammo in March, found a can of loaded old style Zero's i forgot I had, so I should be good for practice and matches through the Cup.

In the middle of a move and fixing up a house, so not much time for loading or practice. Hope what I have lasts.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Going through practice ammo too fast to keep ahead. Wow, only 3 weeks to go. Guess I better get caught up soon.

Greg, Shooting the Bedford match this Sat?

There are 7 of us from the Bedford Club going to the Cup this year!

Going through practice ammo too fast to keep ahead. Wow, only 3 weeks to go. Guess I better get caught up soon.

Greg, Shooting the Bedford match this Sat?

There are 7 of us from the Bedford Club going to the Cup this year!

Get a 1050. You'll run out of brass.

Kevin, I hear you on the 1050... but I think my issue is prioritization. I have VERY limited time..so whenI do get a some time I can either make bullets, or go shoot, guess what I keep doing???

Need Gracie to step up a little more. LOL

Greg, Glad you'll be there, should be a good match :sight:

Kevin, I hear you on the 1050... but I think my issue is prioritization. I have VERY limited time..so whenI do get a some time I can either make bullets, or go shoot, guess what I keep doing???

Need Gracie to step up a little more. LOL

Greg, Glad you'll be there, should be a good match :sight:

That is precisely the idea of the 1050. Saves time loading therefore more time shooting.

What happened to Vera?!?!?

Warren-

It is with tears and a heavy heart that I recount what happened.

Vera was practicing at Chapman last week. The weather was crap and the range was muddy.

At the end of the day, she went to retrieve her target and slipped, causing her to fall like Joe Theismann on Monday Night Football. She couldn't put any weight on her leg and had to crawl 30 feet in the mud to get to her car & cell phone.

X-rays showed compound fractures with her lower leg broken in 2 places. The next day she had surgery and a titanium rod and multiple pins were inserted. She is now resting and recovering. Needless to say, her season is over.

Vera called me on the day all of this happened and has kept me informed and updated on her progress. As you would expect, she is disappointed, but remains her usual positive and upbeat self. Her heart, will and desire remain unchanged and are perhaps even stronger. She says she is looking forward to working hard and coming back strong for next year's Cup and World Match. I joked that she didn't need her leg to dry fire and she said she was already working on that.

Vera is one of the truly good people in our sport and is one of the reasons why the Bianchi Cup is so special. She loves the Cup more than anybody, works harder at it than anybody and is always looking to recruit and help new shooters get involved. This year's event will be diminished by her absence. She mentioned that she was looking into ways to have her roses delivered to this year's awards banquet.

Life is not fair (and sometimes cruel) and this could not have happened to a nicer person. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers and send positive energy her direction. Honor her by enjoying your best performance ever at this year's Cup.

Jim

Thanks Jim-

Vera is one of the nicest and most generous people at the Cup. Tracy and I will have to see what we can do for her, she has been very gracious to both of us over the years. This is a very sad turn of events.

WOW,

SO sorry to hear about Vera. My youngest daughter loves her, she'll also be so sorry to hear.

Get well Soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Jay?? wassup. can't beleive you aren't making the trip.

Hope all is well.

Boy, this all makes my reloading issues seem pretty petty, eh??

Puts things in perspective.

Sorry to hear about Vera too. Tre' and I were at the March club match at GV with her. She remembered Tre' from shooting next to him at last year's Cup. She talked to him and encouraged him on for this years matches. She is a very nice lady and a great ambassador for this sport, she will be missed this year.