Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cajun custom race hammer not production legal

dskinsler83

BC it's aftermarket. It's not 100% identical to the CZC version. The CZC version from what I understand is actually a hammer CZ UB makes.

CZ UB version (note: it's more rounded):

sadahammer.jpg

Cajun version:

97_Barrel_and_HC_Hammer_004.jpg

Edited by ftjandra

Why not just use the CZ competition hammer? I know Dave makes great products, but I can't think of an complaints about the CZ hammer and it's production legal.

Well not sure the CZC would go with the CGW sear. I have the CGW kit 3 hammer system was just thinking that the race hammer looked like the CZC but wasn't aware CZC was a part of CZ. I'm completely new to the whole CZ product

CZ Custom Shop is a separate entity entirely. They are not part of CZ USA (Kansas) or CZ UB. However, CZ USA/UB recognizes the work the Custom Shop does, which is testament to the kind of quality work they do. That said, I checked again about the CZC hammers. They are actually parts made by CZ UB that the Custom Shop buys in bulk. This is why they are legal and the CGW hammer is not. The CZC hammer is a stock hammer offered by CZ UB.

Why not just use the CZ competition hammer? I know Dave makes great products, but I can't think of an complaints about the CZ hammer and it's production legal.

Well not sure the CZC would go with the CGW sear. I have the CGW kit 3 hammer system was just thinking that the race hammer looked like the CZC but wasn't aware CZC was a part of CZ. I'm completely new to the whole CZ product

It should, Dave modifies the hammer hooks and not the sear angle from what I understand. Even if it doesn't a new sear from CZ-USA is only 10$ or so.

I just touch you have kit 3. That one is supposedly production legal since he mainly just cuts the hammer hooks on the OEM hammer. I'm cautious to say it is legal since he narrows the hammer profile.

Edited by Lee G

Yeah, I questioned the John about it when I first got into CZ. Because its an external, not factory, part its not legal. The problem I had was it is part of the trigger group just like the internals of a glock. His simple answer was that its external so no go. If you have cajun parts go with their non-race hammer set and role on.

• 2 weeks later...