Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiocchi buckshot?

Powerslide91

I've seen plenty of good info on their slugs, but not much on the buckshot. Any good/bad feedback on the low recoil buckshot? I've been using federal flight control low recoil but have had more trouble finding it lately so I'm interested in the Fiocchi.

See the shells crimped or rolled?

Thanks.

I can run Fiocchi buck out of my Super 90 all day. It's very comfortable.

My Akdal does NOT like it, however. My Akdal is mostly stock, with the TROMIX gas bushing, TROMIX gas piston, and an Enidine stock. I do not have the lighter power recoil spring, a gas bypass, or anything else like that.

The Akdal also did not cycle the Fiocchi buck when I was running the stock buttstock. The shells are rolled, with a plastic disc over the shot.

I used Fiocchi Aero LR buckshot at Rockcastle. It worked fine in my gun and patterned well (distances were not much more than 20 yards, if I recall correctly). Gun is a Benelli M2 Tactical. This was the 9 pellet 00 buck.

its runs fine in both my M2 = see Benny Hill= they will not run in my buddies Saga.

past 25 yards the patern gets very - inconsistent- a full size uspsa target at 35 yards could end up with 7 out of 9 or -0- out of 9 with the same hold. on the upper A zone / neck

I wound up buying a bunch of Royal Buck from Cabela's. It's reasonably priced ($3.99 when you can find it on sale) and cycles well. The Nobel Sport stuff isn't bad, but has a sharper recoil.

Thanks for the feedback. Given the love for the slugs, I was expecting a different response. I guess it is back to the thrill of the hunt for the Federal for me I guess.

I love the Fiocchi slugs too but buck shot with out the flight control is a throw of the dice.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried these out today in my 930SPX, and it would not run on them. Every shot either stovepiped or failed entirely to eject. Same gun works with Fiocchi LR slugs and any of the cheap bulk packed bird shot from Wal-Mart. I guess these are only going to be usable in the pump shotgun.