Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Light striker spring w stock striker didn't work for me

Sleepswithdogs

Put in a light spring kit, trigger bar and 3.5 connector from Glockworx in a Gen3, 34 and everything worked great for about 100 rounds, then I started getting light strikes. Very disappointing how much heavier the trigger felt with the stock striker spring back in so I got their lightened striker, now everything is back to great, no more light strikes, and the trigger feels almost like a 1911.

Tar.

Edited by Sleepswithdogs

I use winchester primers with the factory striker and wolff light spring. Have around 8,000 rounds and not 1 light strike. I use Marine spring caps and I think that is the trick. I have set up 2 guns that

way and neither has hade a light strike. I have even used CCI primer and all have fired.

Glockworx spring has too much vibration when compared back to back with Wolff. Vanek's milled square face polished spring is even better. Also if you guys want crisp, it's time to try an ejector housing with adjustable overtravel. I was very surprised on how much input this setting has had on the feel of the break.

• 1 month later...

Tula primers with a 4.5 spring and stock striker gets light strikes. 5 lbs spring works fine. I thought about trying a lightened striker but heard even then some were getting light strikes with the hard primers.

Glockworx lightened stainless striker with extended tip + Federal Primers = 100%

Same with Jager but everyone does not reload and those that do can not always get Federal primers.

• 5 months later...