Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will Dillon really rebuild an old XL650?

Just bought a used XL650, It had been sitting covered on the previous owners work bench in his garage for at least 15 years. It works but is really stiff. I tried cleaning it up a little and greased and oiled it but it is still really stiff. I have a new XL650 that I bought from Brian and the old one is quite a bit different (shell plate assembly, powder measure and fail safe rod assembly that I can tell so far). I believe I have read on here or someplace else that Dillon will refurbish it for free or for a nominal fee. Has anyone had experience with this in the past? I have called their customer service several times and have been on hold for up to 30 minutes with no answer I also sent them an email but the confirmation said it could be up to 14 days to get a reply. Should I keep trying or am I misguided?

Update: Was on hold for about 45 min. When I got through I talked to their customer service representative Mike. He told me that Dillon will completely refurbish and upgrade any outdated parts and make it basically as if it were a new machine for $77.95. That includes any caliber conversion kit, dies and powder measures installed on the press. Turnaround time is about 2 weeks and return shipping is on their dime. If that is not awesome customer service I do not know what is! He gave me a RMA# and it is headed to Dillon today!