Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Can't post or start new topic in a specific browser

benos

In Safari, after the upgrade that was just performed, I am unable to make a post.

In either the reply box or the quick reply box, after entering the post, after I submit the post, I get the error:

"You must enter a post."

I tried to start a new topic and got the same error.

So now I'm in the OmniWeb browser, and I'm back in business

Anyone else can't post in Safari 5.1.7?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't post in Chrome but I can post in IE. Same with PM's. It says I have to enter a message of more than 3 characters. I'm going to try rebooting and see if it makes a difference.

Also, it looks like you tried to post in the "Weird Problem" thread. I got an e-mail saying you created a post that said "Test" but I don't see the post (in either browser.)

My guess is there is some cache that needs to be cleared, or something else that needs to be refreshed. A reboot did it for me, or it was just a coincidence. Not sure how to make it happen on Apple products.

There's an option to empty the cache in Safari under the Develop tab.

That worked. (But in Safari 5.1.7, Empty Cache was under the File menu.)

Now my only complaint, in Safari 5.1.7 - the text that appears while I'm typing is so small (and courier font) that I can just barley read it.

But after the post appears, the font looks normal. (Verdana, 12)

Now that my backup has ran, I'll run the software update and see if that helps. (In the list is a Java Update and a Safari update.)

IE9 was unresponsive to Reply attempts.

Rebooted PC (power off...not just Restart), cleared cache and cookies (Tools - Internet Options - Delete Browsing History), restarted IE.

Working fine now.

That worked ! thanks