Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

Perhaps I'm not being clear. Mine has four flat-top areas spaced out down the grooves on the top of the receiver. Are those some sort of plugs? If so, how does one safely remove them? Punch them out from inside the receiver?

There are no visible holes. If it's "drilled and tapped", the holes are plugged. Though mined looks like it is NOT drilled and tapped. Which is why I'm asking. I don't have access to another one to compare against.

Edited by kuduman

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i went back to the mill last night and played around a little more. Lowered the NON serial numbered side. Then i put a channel in the trigger guard. Not sure if anyone else was having the same problem but especially with quads, i noticed shell 2 was always hanging up on the rim of the shell 1. this allowed the pair to stay in line better and not kink when pressed against the gun.ResizedImage_1396537903226_zpscdd28a58.j

So i went back to the mill last night and played around a little more. Lowered the NON serial numbered side. Then i put a channel in the trigger guard. Not sure if anyone else was having the same problem but especially with quads, i noticed shell 2 was always hanging up on the rim of the shell 1. this allowed the pair to stay in line better and not kink when pressed against the gun.ResizedImage_1396537903226_zpscdd28a58.j

Glockmeister, any way we can get some more pictures of you port job. Curious about how far forward you went. It looks like you went past the follower retainer ring inside the factory tube.

i didnt take an EXACT measurement, but i went forward and left JUST enough for the follower to catch that "lip". All i gauged off or was Pat Kellys picture and i took the front edge to about the center of the E on STOEGER. It makes it very nice to not have to shove your finger up in the tube for the shell to catch.ResizedImage_1396023605980_zpscf4f4ef1.jResizedImage_1396541156494_zps46106fbb.j

Glockmeister, any way we can get some more pictures of you port job. Curious about how far forward you went. It looks like you went past the follower retainer ring inside the factory tube.

I like it!

Jesse, i need to pick your brain sometime about your quad loads. im getting that time down, but i cant break 8 sec for 12 shells. i feel like the shells either arnt staying in line or what. this little "chute" in the guard helped, but its still not JT 1 toothed beaver approved...

The lip inside the receiver is 0.725 deep from the front face. Out of the last dozen or so we have machined this dimension has been consistent within .002" If you cut forward to EXACTLY 3/4" (0.750") from the port to the front of the receiver you will have enough remaining to put a slight radius on the edge. Glockmeister's is very close to how ours looks before the angle cut.

Jesse, i need to pick your brain sometime about your quad loads. im getting that time down, but i cant break 8 sec for 12 shells. i feel like the shells either arnt staying in line or what. this little "chute" in the guard helped, but its still not JT 1 toothed beaver approved...

Shoot me a PM and Send me a video and I'll see whats up.

Then i put a channel in the trigger guard.

Good move, I like it. Probably would have cut down the entire width of the guard, but your call. :)

In semi-similar fashion, I cut the front of my trigger guard down on my SLP as it allowed for more space in order to get a flatter angle for the shells to enter the mag tube (mainly the 2nd shell).

Man that looks Great, nice job man and thanks now I have disassemble mine again.?

Then i put a channel in the trigger guard.

Good move, I like it. Probably would have cut down the entire width of the guard, but your call. :)

In semi-similar fashion, I cut the front of my trigger guard down on my SLP as it allowed for more space in order to get a flatter angle for the shells to enter the mag tube (mainly the 2nd shell).

Oh, you mean like this? :P:P:P:P

post-48876-0-70058100-1396547814_thumb.j

So has anybody on here opened up past the folower lip inside the tube. It seems like there would be a sufficient amount of the lip left around the rest of the tube to still retain the follower. The reason I ask is because when looking as to why the second shell is catching, I think that the inside angle isnt drastic enough to facilitate the shell going in without have to slightly push the second shell down