Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/23/2018 at 8:35 PM, kurtm said:

Nope, good old 3000.

Are you sure? Are you sure someone didn't put the wrong barrel in the wrong gun?  I assume if someone put a pump gun barrel in a semiauto, things might break.

That barrel in your pictures looks like no 3000 barrel I ever seen, and the broken lower lugs are the least of your problem, as it seems to have "broken"  the entire 2-3" of hood, ejector, bolt raceway, etc and done so in a very specific way and re-applied bluing it itself.  The silver bit in the lower left of this picture:

s-l300.jpg

Lets see a picture of the broken piece. That would solve the puzzle of what barrel was in that 3000. If it is a 3000 barrel the piece should be in the receiver as it would be a pretty significant piece. If its a 2000, 312 or pump gun bbl the piece would be very small and may even be lost.

I got the MOA heavy bolt system installed in my M3K. Prior to the install it wouldn't run any of the Fiocchi 3gun slugs or buck. 

It will now run the Fiocchi JM 3gun slugs, with no issue. Am still having issues with the Fiocchi JM 3gun buck shot. 

Curious what is the lightest buck shot you guys have come across that will reliably cycle in the M3K?

Fdeiui.jpg

Edited by Tantal

I never could get low-recoil buckshot to run in my M3000. Full house buckshot ran without a hitch and put down plates with a little more authority. I was more confident with the harder hitting shot knocking down plates with a glancing blow, vs having to aim hard with low recoil stuff.

Plates going down and the gun cycling 100% of the time was more beneficial (for me). If I had one low recoil shotshell hang up during a stage, I spent more time clearing it than I saved shooting a whole match of low recoil ammo. 

Plus the standard stuff is usually cheaper.

I have had excellent results with Remington 1200 fps slugs in boths of my m3000's.  Both guns have stock parts but do have slicked up actions.  I haven't had to shoot enough buck to justify testing any low recoil.

2 hours ago, cajunautoxer said:

Did y'all see MOA's video on FB. It makes me tingle inside

I can’t wait, I think it’s going to be an awesome addition to my MOA Stoeger. Who doesn’t want auto load, now I won’t have to count rounds during a stage.

6 hours ago, P.E. Kelley said:

MOA has figured out a way to incorporate the "speed load" feature of the Browning Auto 5 into the  M3000 series of Stoeger shotguns.

He’s supposed to be offering the syestem for the M2, Breda and Franchi’s as well after he comes out with the Stoeger version.

• 1 month later...

I received my trigger group back from MOA with the lightning load lifter installed. I was a little concerned as I was not sure if it would change the way the M3K functions. I'm happy to say it runs exactly as before, with the obvious exception of the auto load feature. 

I'll be running my M3K tomorrow in a match, if things go well, I'll never have to use it. But knowing life it's bound to save me time on the clock at some point.

Time to practice some more quad loading.

Have sent an email to MOA, waiting on a response. Thought to ask here, maybe someone knows. The complete shotgun and P3K aren't on the website anymore, are they still available or will I have to source a shotgun myself?

Thanks.

Edited by Midwest3Gunner
Trying to remove random hyper link, posting from mobile

On 11/26/2018 at 1:48 PM, Midwest3Gunner said:

Have sent an email to MOA, waiting on a response. Thought to ask here, maybe someone knows. The complete shotgun and P3K aren't on the website anymore, are they still available or will I have to source a shotgun myself?

Thanks.

Update: P3K now has a separate tab,  but still no complete shotgun option. 

• 4 weeks later...

Messing with my new unported M3000, and attempting to (sort of) quad load, it serms to me the lifter moves too far toward the bolt.  This causes the crimp of my shells to jam into the "taint" (forgive me for throwing around the technical terms I learned on this thread).

Rather than shaving my taint, how about if I build up the fin on the top starboard edge of the lifter that bumps into the bolt carrier? 

EDIT: On closer inspection I think its the very front of the PORT fin that limits the swing of the lifter when the action is fully closed.

Chilly

Edited by ChillyB

Another thought, and a long shot.  Jesse had a tube come loose. He also happens to have had a tube on which the aftermarket adapter nut fit on easily whereas they were tight on other guns.  My SWAG is that tubes are threaded identically on both ends, so loose nut correlates to loose fit in receiver (under-size threads on BOTH ends of tube).  The loose fitment problem is exacerbated by gratuitous hogging off of receiver metal, leveraging the tube by rough treatment with a long lever attached (extension). 

I know its an old topic, but I just read tge entire thread and had some ideas on old matters. 

Ok, guess whose tube cranked right out with a firm grip.  Different threads on each end.  As near as I can tell zero loctite.  But my tube is smooth drom the factory, and has three humps at 120-deg separation about 2" from each end.  I speculate purpose is to keep the spring centered and quiet over the tube.  My action is very slick and quiet.  Serial 1,820,XXX

Edited by ChillyB