Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

51 minutes ago, tjmiller said:

I got it out, it's not broke or look off but I can absolutely get it to smash a little with a bare hand pushing it against a table, with a plate to push down I can get it to move a good bit. Maybe I just need a spring. 

Maybe just try calling stoger on the phone, not email, and ask them. If it's not supposed to do that they will probably just send you a new one. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After digging through this thread for an hour without any luck I'll ask the question. My m3000 has run into an issue were it will not chamber a round from the mag tube about 40% of the time. The fired shell ejects fine and the bolt goes forward but the next round will not chamber and remains on the lifter. I've tried several different brands of shells and have the same issue. Anyone seen this before?

After digging through this thread for an hour without any luck I'll ask the question. My m3000 has run into an issue were it will not chamber a round from the mag tube about 40% of the time. The fired shell ejects fine and the bolt goes forward but the next round will not chamber and remains on the lifter. I've tried several different brands of shells and have the same issue. Anyone seen this before?

Yes- had the exact same problem. I changed my mag spring as it had been in there to long. Problem went away.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, muddywings said:

Yes- had the exact same problem. I changed my mag spring as it had been in there to long. Problem went away.
Good luck

I wondered about that. Even stretched it out a bit to see if it would help. I've been doing a lot a load practice lately so it definitely has been worked. Have a couple new springs on the way.

On 7/19/2017 at 6:16 PM, louu said:

Maybe just try calling stoger on the phone, not email, and ask them. If it's not supposed to do that they will probably just send you a new one. 

I received a new inertia springs from midwest, 75 rounds of wally federal tonight with no failures except me :) Next I'll put the steadygrip stock back on and try again. The gun feels to cycle faster or crisper now?

Can someone please provide me with the exact Benelli part #s for the M2 Extractor and spring?

My M3K is having extraction issues with cheap Walmart Federal & Winchester shells.  Before I start buying the expensive shells I figured for less than $30 I'm hoping to replace the stock extractor/spring with the Benelli M2 part.  I'm sure it's somewhere back in this 130 page thread I've already read thru once.  I'm hoping someone can dig up their order or provide a link to the part in stock somewhere while I start reading back at page 1.

Thanks,

- Cuz.

Can someone please provide me with the exact Benelli part #s for the M2 Extractor and spring?
My M3K is having extraction issues with cheap Walmart Federal & Winchester shells.  Before I start buying the expensive shells I figured for less than $30 I'm hoping to replace the stock extractor/spring with the Benelli M2 part.  I'm sure it's somewhere back in this 130 page thread I've already read thru once.  I'm hoping someone can dig up their order or provide a link to the part in stock somewhere while I start reading back at page 1.

Thanks,
- Cuz.

Doing this from the phone so hope the link comes across:

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/Benelli-33150/Shotguns-35372/Semi-AutoShotguns-40729/M2Field-40591.htm?page=5

Thanks, I found them at Brownells. I hope I got the right parts.

SKU Number
Product Name
301-000-490
70038 EXTRACTOR/CARRIER LATCH SPRING

301-000-070
60177 EXTRACTOR

2 hours ago, Cuz said:

Yeah, I should have ordered a pin, then again, if I were going to do it myself I'd need a whole new bolt too. I'll let a buddy do it for me.

Larry, if you can reload ammo, you can change the extractor. 

Just wanted to follow up my last few posts.  I got the Benelli extractor and spring from Brownells, and they were super easy to install using the video above.  I went to the range today and ran over 200 rounds of the cheap Walmart Federal & Winchester ammo and also a couple boxes of the cheapest Winchester white box loads I got from Cabelas.  I had no problems at all with any of the ammo.  I'm very happy with the mod considering how cheap it was.  I also shot 10 reduced recoil slugger rifled slugs and they were right on at 50-75 yards.  They were all hitting within about an 8 inch circle which is great for me.

I hope the gun continues to cycle reliably when it gets up around the 1000 round mark.  I hate cleaning guns so it will be a while before this one gets cleaned again, unless it starts choking on me.

What grit sandpaper are y'all using to polish your magazine tubes? Also, I'm getting some surface rust on my barrel. What's the best way to remove it? WD-40? White vinegar? Has anybody cerakoted or refinished their barrels to remedy this? Thanks

Lets talk chokes!

I started reading this thread from the beginning (again), and only got to page 50 before I decided to revive the topic of chokes.  Does a ported choke increase or decrease the reliability of the M3000?

I'm looking for one choke that "does it all".  As of the 1st 50 pages here, that "seems" to be a Light Modified (LM) choke.  I personally would like the longest extended choke available that gets the job done.  I want the longer choke just to shorten the distance between my +6 tube and my 24" barrel on my M3K.  Trying to find one that is guaranteed to fit is making my head spin.  A lot of generalities are discussed, but I tend to need specific brands and part #s that I can look up.  I'm sure the answer is contained in the next 50+ pages and I will get to it eventually, but if someone can jump in sooner with the answer I'd much rather just order something that I know will work.

Thanks,

- Cuz.

25 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Also, if anyone can post pics of what their extended choke looks like screwed into their M3K that would be great.

Thanks,
-Cuz

Normally, extended chokes are about 1/2" beyond the muzzle. That won't make up much of the length difference. 

What grit sandpaper are y'all using to polish your magazine tubes? Also, I'm getting some surface rust on my barrel. What's the best way to remove it? WD-40? White vinegar? Has anybody cerakoted or refinished their barrels to remedy this? Thanks
If you have the M3k the tube is polished prior to coating so polishing it will just induce another rust point

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Normally, extended chokes are about 1/2" beyond the muzzle. That won't make up much of the length difference. 
Unless you run a Benelli Crio+ ... I will grab a pic tomorrow since we just packed the truck for a match tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pure Gold chokes I believe are about as long as they come. They also tend to run about a step tighter then others, my IC patterned roughly the same as a Carlson LM. It was the choke I ran in my M3K 99% of the time. 

• 2 weeks later...
Pure Gold chokes I believe are about as long as they come. They also tend to run about a step tighter then others, my IC patterned roughly the same as a Carlson LM. It was the choke I ran in my M3K 99% of the time. 

Thanks, I ended up getting a Briley simply because the red band around the top of the LM choke matched my mag tube.  I think I am going to be a one choke shotgun shooter for the foreseeable future.

20ce22b21ea1301f76279f9b70cd5582.jpg

I am having an issue with my M3K's bolt locking to the rear while there are still rounds in the mag tube. A round will be released from the mag tube when it occurs. To get the bolt forward I have hit the cartridge release and then the bolt release. This happen three times in my last match. Usually before it occurs I have a few short strokes. Round on the lifter with an empty chamber. The last 200 rounds put threw it I switched to rio game loads hoping that 1280fps would stop the short stroke but it didn't work. 

1 hour ago, 0331 said:

I am having an issue with my M3K's bolt locking to the rear while there are still rounds in the mag tube. A round will be released from the mag tube when it occurs. To get the bolt forward I have hit the cartridge release and then the bolt release. This happen three times in my last match. Usually before it occurs I have a few short strokes. Round on the lifter with an empty chamber. The last 200 rounds put threw it I switched to rio game loads hoping that 1280fps would stop the short stroke but it didn't work. 

When this happens can you push the bolt release button in at all...or is the bolt release button “locked” until you press the cartridge release?

And is the shotshell that was released from the mag tube stuck about 2/3 of the way back into the receiver?

(Sounds similar to an issue we had with a M3K earlier this year)