Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sti frame from texas was stolen. Transfer never made it to the fed tra

3 years ago I had 12 guns stolen. Frederick police have found one. It is an STI frame I bought years ago from someone in Texas. I can't find my form on the transfer to get it back. I built it into a super nice open pistol and really would like it back.

If Frederick police contacted you please let me know.

I don't know where else to put this. Please mods don't close. Posting sticky on the board would be most helpful.

Did you have any idea of what dealers it could have gone through? If so call around the few stores and ask especially with if you have a time frame and the SN. If they have the electronic bound book it should be easy to find Also if bought it here have you tried searcing your old posts

Edited by EkuJustice

You reported it stolen.

last owner on record said he sold it.

You have the serial number.

What does the investigator think has to be done?

Has he any reason for not handing you the STI?

there is reason to explain why paper work was not finished...

and that paperwork is not your responsibility.

even big bags o cash are given to folks who have no other claim than they found it.

... if no one else claims it...

you have a solid claim and no one else is claiming your STI.

I hate to say this, but you may want to hire a lawyer.

I think some law is being ignored.

miranda

You've probably already checked, but any chance you might stil have PM's or email notifications from the transaction? Granted, that was a long time ago, but just in case...

Another thought is to check your transaction register for your checking account, if you keep those records. If he accepted a personal check, you may could get a copy of it from the bank.

Edited by chemepharmd

It's MD - where you have to demonstrate that recovered property belongs to you. Getting a gun back from a MD agency, at least in the Balt/Wash corridor, is rare. The standard tactic is to send it to the smelter while you locate documentation and if you can prove it was yours, they write you a check (of taxpayer money!) for it.

Not to scare the OP, but it's best to try to have it returned at the local station level - soon! Do you know where it is right now? If so, find the investigator and have him release it to you directly, if possible.

If you took receipt of it from an FFL in MD, the MD State Police Handgun Registry has it on file. Call Jessup Barracks and ask for a list of all firearms they have registered to you. I did it and was surprised!

Mark

Former PG County Corporal