Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bayou Bullets

Bob,

I recently put in an order with you for a HP edge and I'm starting to look at loads for it. This will be my first 2011and I was wondering if you had any personal experience with Bayou Bullets. Normally I run Montana golds, but with availability the way it is and the price on Bayou's, I can't avoid entertaining them. I've read a lot about them online and they receive praise, but a real opinion would be nice. The current plan is to run 180gr Bayou's over 5.3gr WSF at 1.180 OAL and work my way from there.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

Donnie sells the coating on the site. My question is can I use it on a lead cast bullets that have a wax ring on it, or do I have to clean the wax off first before applying.

Im hoping I can buy cheap lead bullets and apply his coatin and save money in the long run.

Donnie sells the coating on the site. My question is can I use it on a lead cast bullets that have a wax ring on it, or do I have to clean the wax off first before applying.

Im hoping I can buy cheap lead bullets and apply his coatin and save money in the long run.

since you cure the coating in an oven you will need to get rid of the wax first. Not sure if the remaining wax will cause problems letting the coating adhere? The coating is more for home casters or I guess someone couid buy unlubed bullets from a commercial caster and use it.

I suggest shooting what you have and then take it from there.

Neal in AZ