Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10mm with Titegroup

Uglyblackguns

I know titegroup is not popular with 10mm but I had some lying around so decided to use it. I found an IDPA load that seemed pretty good and was looking for some feedback.

5.4 gr

1.260 col

I am using 180 gr berry's plated .401 with mixed brass. CCI 300 primers, out of a bone stock G20.

If I am understanding correctly titegroup isn't good for upper end 10mm loads. So I guess I'm wondering how will it work for lower "gamer" rounds? Any feedback will be appreciated and BTW I do have power pistol so I am working up loads with that and I already know titegroup is not an ideal 10mm powder just looking to use what I have on hand. Thanks in advance

quick check of the Hodgdon website shows that the load is the starting book load for 10mm and Titegroup. a mild 189 pf. I just started loading for my Gen4 G20 and found that starting book loads (different powder) gave me the largest SD (65fps) and ES (26). As I started increasing the powder charge the SD and ES shrunk, so it seems the 10mm doesnt like to be loaded light :devil: Load some up and run it over the chrono and check group size.....

I took out the load and fired a few test rounds, the felt recoil was pretty light and the accuracy was pretty good at 10 yards, although power pistol was a lot better on accuracy. I am trying to get out this weekend and run it through a chrono and see how it does. Thanks.