Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

West German Sig P226 old style vs. new style trigger bar spring

atomicbrh

My son prefers his stock 1989 West German P226 over any Production gun we have. Trigger bar spring broke. He ordered a new trigger spring that looks like part number 34260308 with a loop. The old trigger spring which I think is part number 34260242 did not have a loop. There is not enough thickness on the original grips to dremel out enough clearance for the loop. What is the best solution? The new design with the loop looks superior to the old design. Should he just order new grips? Which new grips have enough clearance for the loop but will still fit the old1989 model P226 or would it be better just to go with the old style spring 34260242? I might add that his hands are huge. No problem with thicker grips. Problem is he is short on money being a full time student.

My son prefers his stock 1989 West German P226 over any Production gun we have. Trigger bar spring broke. He ordered a new trigger spring that looks like part number 34260308 with a loop. The old trigger spring which I think is part number 34260242 did not have a loop. There is not enough thickness on the original grips to dremel out enough clearance for the loop. What is the best solution? The new design with the loop looks superior to the old design. Should he just order new grips? Which new grips have enough clearance for the loop but will still fit the old1989 model P226 or would it be better just to go with the old style spring 34260242? I might add that his hands are huge. No problem with thicker grips. Problem is he is short on money being a full time student.

I went with the newer grips when I switched mine but only because I prefer the larger grip. Cost $15 on Top Gun Supply but If I remember right my old West German Checkered grips still fit.