Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looks like Dillons "No BS" warranty is officially "BS"

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another car analogy-If I had a 1997 Trans Am with the LT1 that was still under warranty and the 1998 model comes with the LS1 engine do I get a new subframe and motor because my car is under warranty?

If you have one you broke, and Dillon isn't replacing it, that would be a breach of the No BS warranty. Your press didn't come with one, and you haven't noticed until you are setting up somebody else's? How is that a warranty issue?

Edited to add:

Before anyone starts calling me names I have two 550s in the garage. Went after midnight and looked at and measured both. I have a used press without the "bearing" and a press I bought new with it. I actually get smoother operation with the "bearing"-less slide. Also, on mine anyway, unless my calipers are bad the press with the extra plate 14015 is machined shorter where the primer slide runs so that height is similar to the old style, bearingless plate.

I don't know if adding a plate to a non-plate clearanced press frame would add height and interfere with proper primer seating depth. It is late but I don't know if you could just add the plate and be good to go.

If there was no where on your frame for the primer slide to operate, I would be mad at Dillon. Your press is simply operating as designed. Not a warranty issue at all.

Officially not BS, although there may be some of those two letters floating around in this thread...

Edited by megarush

Dillon is a stand up company who has taken care of me several times.

Pat

^^^^ THIS!

Dillon rebuilt my 650 after I broke the crank (13674) that the handle connects to and pushes the piston up. It was one of the very early models as it was purchased when they first introduced the 650. Oh... Did i mention the ony cost was shipping it to them? The repairs, parts replaced and return shipping was on their nickel.

BC

Edited by BillChunn

I have to agree with most here. Dillon has bent over backwards to make me happy. Never had a part fail that they did not replace. They have even sent parts when we were not sure what was wrong. Ask me to just change these out. Why not call them, get the manager on the phone. I think his name is Gary. Explain your issue and we what he will do. I feel sure he will do whats right. Both for you and Dillon.

JMHO

I'm a codger with a old 550b, two years ago Dillon sent new linkage arms, pins, punch and an alignment tool for free. That's close to a thirty year warranty, That's hard to beat.

Ordered a powder checker for my 650 and it took two months to get. Opened the box and was very pleased in the upgraded design, also has a light. Well worth the wait. Now everything gun is nuts and I'm sure the workers at Dillon are doing all they can to get products out. There's no better company to purchase from.

Helped a friend assemble a used 550B and noticed an extra part that mine doesn't have. P/N 14015. Primer Track Bearing. So I email Dillon and told them the story. They told me that my 550B did not come with that part but yet in my manual it shows the part! They also told me they would charge me for the upgrade part if I wanted it. Go I guess the current Dillon has changed and are now charging for replacement parts!

Dillon has a long and outstanding record of supporting us. Dillon often jumps in and helps folks in this forum. Your not going to get to many folks here to agree with your statement of "BS" . Sometimes you have to keep your head down to keep from stepping in dog poo. :cheers:

Sometimes you have to keep your head down to keep from stepping in dog poo. :cheers:

:roflol:

Somehow that has to be worked into a stage description..... maybe not....

BC

Clay birds painted brown littering the charge lines :surprise: time added for each clay stepped on/in

Edited by Amerflyer48

I just bought a old 550 and it had a few parts missing, but with a little research you will find the old 550 just that old. So I was not missing parts it worked fine but I called and waited the 2 hrs on hold for dillion to order new barring shim and fail safe bracket. That's just my story and I love the press now.

It comes down to being this simple:

If its a part that should have shipped with the press then they owe the owner a part for free.

If its a part that is the result of an upgrade after the press shipped then nothing is owed.

What is or isnt in the manual is irrelevant. Also, anyone who says the customer is always right most likely has little or no experience dealing directly with customers. Customers always think they are right and more times than not they are dead freaking wrong. Maybe it is a $4 part. I guarantee it cost > 10 times that to process and ship the part. Do that a few 100 times a year and it cuts into the bottom line.

Ive actually paid for "warranty parts" because I knew I broke it, but the company was willing to give them to me.

Edited by OUshooter

I recently broke a small part, and was told on the phone that I would have to purchase a new one (it was cheap)

I mailed the broken part to Dillon along with payment. They returned a new part, a spare, and my payment.

No complaints with their warranty!

I reciently lost a small spring on my XL650.

I emailed Dillon with the part number.

Explained I lost the spring and asked how I could purchase a new one along with a spare.

In a very short period two springs showed up in the mail.

Free of charge.

Not only was I suprised at the short time frame. They are very busy.

I was suprised I was not charged.

This is my experiance with Dillon.

This part isnt in a spare parts kit but all this talk about having broken parts replaced is a good time to remind people of how useful a spare parts kit is to have on hand. Especially now that its hard to get thru on the phone and it takes a few days to get an response.

Sig 2009: PM me your address and I'll send you a bearing. We all help each other out here. Dillon is busy as hell now. Try and cut them some slack til this insanity is over. ;)

This whole thong should of been put to bed after the gracious offer youngeyes made...

Dillon is second to none when it comes to cust service.

Edited by area51

Let me chime in about Dillon's no BS warranty. About 15 years ago I bought a used square deal off E-bay and it had a broken primer drop tube. I called Dillon and told what part I needed and he got my mailing address and was about to hang up and I said I hadn't given him my cc info and he said it's blue isn't it? I said I had bought it off E-bay and he said I don't care if you found it in a ditch, if it is blue it is under a lifetime warranty. The guy I bought it off of said it had been his uncle's who was also a shooter. I can't tell you how many thousands of rounds that machine has produced and it still runs like a clock. Last week I was running a batch of .40's and in 1 hour I produced 345 rounds and the primer tip had to be replaced which took 5 minutes or more. When this panic buying subsides I will be buying another blue press! Thanks Dillon may your company be blessed with many more years of increased revenues!!

You need the "primer track bearing" to compensate for the extra height added by the failsafe bracket under the shellplate platform. If you don't have a failsafe bracket, you don't need the "bearing"... which is really just a spacer.

Thank you very much for resolving this issue. And yes I do have the failsafe bracket.