Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hornady and Inline Fabrication Praise

First post here, still learnin and loadin.

I'm very happy that I finally made the plunge into reloading. Just working on 45acp thus far, with 230g

Berrys and RMR Copper. W231/Hp38 has been nice and soft for paper and steel fun shoots.

I wanted to also give some praise to Inline Fab's Ergo roller handle and 'skylight' setups. I've used a friends Dillon 650 without this type of lighting, and I can really see the 'light' clearly :surprise: on my press.

It helps me verify a normal charge in each case, and gives me extra peace of mind without a mechanical nanny device.

I'll probably get the re-painted Dillon LPA soon, color matched for the Red Kool-Aid press fans.

I wanted to also give some praise to Inline Fab's Ergo roller handle and 'skylight' setups..

+1

By far the best investment I made for the LnL. The light strip increases visibility quite well and decreases mistakes, which I have made plenty of!

I had my wife (not cheap labor, lol) crank a few hundred 45's out last nite, and she really enjoyed the leverage and action of the new handle, although I did catch her overdoing the downward motion. The new lighting allowed her to be vigilant on the powder station with ease.

I plan to buy the raised mount/platform similar to the Dillon strong mount in the near future.

All of the stuff that Inline makes is great for the LNL. Not anything he makes that I regret buying. Espcially the light ergo handle and the doulbe bin output bracket are must haves. The die holders and bin covers are nice too.

I got the Ergo handle and the light kit. I had a injured right shoulder and was concerned if the handle would help or hurt. I was given a "try it or your money back by the guy who makes them". I recommend the handle and light to any one. The Ergo takes most of the "push pressure" out of reloading. I don't push anymore. I just lean into the press with my right arm fully extended. The light allows me to look into each case before topping with a bullet. It has all become my normal reloading flow pattern. I easily load 200 rounds per hour including putting primers in the tube and checking each case with a Wilson case checker.

Just some added thoughts and questions to the LNL fans and users out there in cyber space..

My bench is at 36", and the press mounted direct at this time. I'm a short statured person, and I notice that I'm bending my neck (no soreness yet) and get a straight view into the mouth of each case at powder drop. The InlineFab mount raises things 9-5/8ths" up, so that would put the handle at shoulder height for me. Would that cause any rotator cuff issues?

Right now I'm able to slightly lean into the forward stroke to get the 'feel' that I want, but I don't wanna cause discomfort in my neck in the future.

Anyone notice a difference from direct mount vs. raised?

Thanks in advance..

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very happy that I finally made the plunge into reloading. Just working on 45acp thus far, with 230g

Berrys and RMR Copper. W231/Hp38 has been nice and soft for paper and steel fun shoots.

I wanted to also give some praise to Inline Fab's Ergo roller handle and 'skylight' setups. I've used a friends Dillon 650 without this type of lighting, and I can really see the 'light' clearly :surprise: on my press.

It helps me verify a normal charge in each case, and gives me extra peace of mind without a mechanical nanny device.

I'll probably get the re-painted Dillon LPA soon, color matched for the Red Kool-Aid press fans.

I liked their light setup so much that I made one just like it! lol Now about that roller handle...

I liked their light setup so much that I made one just like it! lol Now about that roller handle...

Me too... couple of Auto light strips from the parts store and some wire and I'm in business WAY cheaper than buying a setup!

I would like to give an update. I added on the double output bin bracket that turns the bin 90 degrees. Awesome. with the high out put bin and the end caps you can easily hold 250 40S&W or 300 9mm and the bracket doesn't sag when full. The extra bin is nice for holding bullets if you don't have a bullet feeder or since plated bullets have become difficult to source I have switched to cast and this helps.

Me too... couple of Auto light strips from the parts store and some wire and I'm in business WAY cheaper than buying a setup!

I got a very white LED strip from an electonics supplier. It makes me feel much more confident - I can check powder charge is every case!

• 3 months later...

I would like to give an update. I added on the double output bin bracket that turns the bin 90 degrees. Awesome. with the high out put bin and the end caps you can easily hold 250 40S&W or 300 9mm and the bracket doesn't sag when full. The extra bin is nice for holding bullets if you don't have a bullet feeder or since plated bullets have become difficult to source I have switched to cast and this helps.

I am glad you like it. I always enjoy feedback. I keep my case guage, hex keys and other misc tools in the 2nd bin.

I have several inlinfab products including a mount, two ergo handles and the acro bin inserts. I prefer the inlinefab mount over the Dillon because of the larger footprint. I have never been disappointed with their products. If they make it for your press, it is worth consideration.

I agree. I have ordered several products from them and they are great.

Dan always responds promptly with any question I have and is willing to help in any way.

I'm trying to get him to do dust covers for the Hornady presses since the Hornady ones are so lousy.

Just got the bin barriers from him and they are awesome. The Skylight is really nice as well.

Like CMD says whatever they make for your press is probably needed. Make slife easier.

mk

• 1 month later...

Inline fabrication products are nice. I have two of the riser mounts. One for the single and one for the progressive. Also have lighting kits for both presses.

Had an issue with my AP LNL not fitting. The adapter plate was way off due to a casting change on the newer castings Hornady was using. Inline was still willing to make it right, and I told the guy I am too impatient to wait and fixed it myself by elongating the holes, but thank you. He stands by his products.