Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TAC and Hornady 55 gr load

KentG

I have seen TAC mentioned and recommended for Hornady 55 gr FMJ and as a clone for M193. I just cant find a load start/max charge and velocity and OAL for it. I have a couple kegs of it and need to get a bit of info since Ramshot wont do anything other than send a link to the current data that does not show a 55 gr FMJ load at all. Thanks Ramshot.

Using the search I get lots of testamonials but not much load data unless Im not using the right search terms.

I love Ramshot TAC, its all I use now with my 55gr hornaday FMJ BT. I shoot them out of a Stag 18inch 3g Upper and get very nice groups out to 300yds. I started at 24.9gr which got me 2750-2800fps. I now bumbed it to 25.3gr to get 2900-2950fps. I use tula small rifle magnum primers also. OAL 2.225, brass trimmed to 1.755. This is the best bang for the buck combo I have came up with that works good for my rifle and my needs for three gun.

I had a lot of load data I cant find and one source that showed TAC and H335 as the two best clones for M193 loads. I know I had it buried on my hard drive but as usual, I cant find shit.

• 2 weeks later...

Try this link for more current and up to date information. http://www.ramshot.com/load-data/ I have been using Ramshot Tac for severals years with 55 to 75 grain bullets in ARs with great results. It does not seem to be temperature senestive. I have used 24.0 to 24.5 with a 75 grain bullet; 25.0 with 69 grainers and 25.4 to 26.3 with 55 grainers and have had good luck with all loads.I really like the powder. Accuracy has been dependent on the quality of bullets you use. I use mixed range brass that has been trimmed to length and my oal lenght loaded is 2.250 on all reloads.