Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GLOCK finger placement

eliminator

I'm new to shooting GLOCK pistols but am familiar with other striker fired pistols. I shoot the XDm quite well. I'm having a little bit of the typical left problem with my new Gen 4 34.

My grip is more or less what BE describes in his book. I'm high on the grip with both thumbs forward. The slide is not lined up with my forearm as is necessary to shoot modified-isosceles. I have medium to large hands. In dry fire the large back strap seems to be best.

My question is really about my strong hand 3 fingers. With the large back strap the middle bone of the finger is straight across the flat front of the grip. Is this correct? This seems like it produces the most natural grip with any level of gripping pressure and my fingers don't push the gun around.

Thoughts on the placement of the strong hand fingers across the front strap?

My question is really about my strong hand 3 fingers. With the large back strap the middle bone of the finger is straight across the flat front of the grip. Is this correct? This seems like it produces the most natural grip with any level of gripping pressure and my fingers don't push the gun around.

Thoughts on the placement of the strong hand fingers across the front strap?

Sounds good, but how does it feel? And,as long as your not having problems with your natural point of aim, trigger pull, or minipulation of the gun.

As an eternal noob that I am, I would like to offer this. Close your eyes and grip the gun with both hands and with a grip that feels natural. Open your eyes and see how your hands are placed. Your goal is to have as much meat on the gun as possible and your strong hand as high up as you can go. You already know this. With your size of hands, try out a Hogue slip on grip. For me, it made a world of difference, the best $10 spent.

FYI, I am 6"7" with basketball hands, my strong hand fingers have the pads nearest my palm on the front strap. When I hold my G17 people ask if it is a compact.

I think that is ideal, as long as the gun fits your hand. Ultimately, your (strong) hand needs to be in position such that it allows your trigger finger to work the trigger straight back into the gun, with no side-to-side pressure placed on the trigger.