Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Old Witness 45 w/ Stock II and Henning parts

RWM

Hi, finally finished my Witness project. This consisted of an early Witness large steel frame (.45) mated to Stock II upper in 9mm. I've have to give Henning a lot of credit. Without his website (info) and parts, this project would have never been possible. All the parts in the frame (except sear cage) is from Henning. His trigger is absolutely one of the best! The trigger pull is adjustable and is now set at ~2lb10oz. I had the trigger pull as light as ~1lb6oz. Which is way too scary for me. And yes that is also his large magwell. I have to admit this project is not for the feint of heart since there was quit a bit of fitting (grinding and filing) to do especially to get the magwell to fit. I am satisfied with the way things turned out. My next effort is to add compensator. I am not sure if I want to 1) swap barrels with barrel comp (same slide) or 2) buy complete slide/barrel/comp (such as goldteam upper). They say that the gold team slide will not fit my standard frame because the dust cover is too short? The only issue I have is that I am not sure which Bladetech holster on Hennings website I could use? If anyone has any info on the 2 questions I'd like to hear. AGAIN BIG THANKS to Henning.

post-35514-0-71650900-1365621463_thumb.j

That's a cool project, I've done something similar with a small frame:

IMG_20130215_081545_311_zps3e92c0d3.jpg

I used a bull barrel comp, but I think your slide should be able to mate up to a cone comp setup like a ThunderComp 2:

Thundercomp2_zpsbc5301bc.jpg

The standard, large frame barrel has an OD of 15mm (.591), which could be turned down ans threaded to 0.575x40 for the TC2...

Otherwise, I don't see why the Gold Team upper wouldn't work on your frame, if I'm not mistaken, the slide is identical to the one you have on it now (except for the cuts); did one of the girls at EAA tell you that?

Hi

I originally wanted the limited slide/barrel configuration. When I called to order, they asked what frame I had and the sales lady checked with the tech/gunsmith and stated that the limited would leave a gap between the slide and dust cover. This is because the "competition" frame has a full length dust cover. I don't know if any one on this forum could verify a limited slide will fit a standard frame? I was lucky that the stock II was just release and available. I really wanted a cone barrel.

kneelingatlas, thanks for the info! I've been researching and learning about the various comps eg.,cone, hybrid, bushing? I may end up saving for a Gold Team upper to keep things simple. That way I could use it on my steel from or my poly frame.

PS, I am a newbie at posting so how do you include inline pics?

Here's a picture of my standard, large frame with a long slide conversion installed (long slide is the Match upper which uses the straight barrel, not the cone fit like the Limited, but it's the same length):

P1000688_zpsdb48a2c5.jpg

The Gold Team slide is a 1/4" shorter than the Limited and the same length as your Stock upper.

To post pictures use this button and link to a URL for the picture on a hosting site like Photobucket:

BEs_zpsb77db2d3.jpg

Edited by kneelingatlas

Thanks for the info. I will have to save up since the Gold Team conversion is pricey! I'll post pics when I get the upgrade. In the mean time, I need to get more mag extensions from Henning :cheers:

WOW that is pretty nice then. take the cheaper version of the Match frame and add a diff slide and use the good trigger stuff from henning and you got a nice switch top and a tad cheaper than the CZ or STI set up.....the gold cup series would make a nice open gun period i think

• 1 year later...

Where do you get the grips that wrap around the front with the finger grooves? Do they make them for a EAA Witness Match .40 cal? Is my EAA Witness Match a small or large frame gun?

You can order the blade tech holster from Ben Stoeger pro shop. They have a few choices for the Tanfos. I got one that fits both my Stock II, Stock III, and one that'll fit my Limited (use the DAA Racemaster but could use Stock III blade tech one if wanted) and the prices are good.

Where do you get the grips that wrap around the front with the finger grooves? Do they make them for a EAA Witness Match .40 cal? Is my EAA Witness Match a small or large frame gun?

The Hogue grips are a modified set made from the CZ75 model. I'm not aware of any small framed Matches, so I'd bet yours is a large frame, if your mags hols 14-15 rounds of 40 you have a large frame, small frame 40s only hold 11-12 in a factory mag.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

That's a CZ Tactical Sport trigger

Where the trigger sits depends on the sear, trigger bar and hammer, different tolerances will go from slightly forward to slightly rearward, I wouldn't count on either without a lot of parts to try.