Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Blazer Aluminum - Public Service Announcement

Yeah, I know a guy that reloaded them for about a year before he had to replace his Kart barrel. I think he did it because I'd "couldn't be done" and it made him special.

Some folks don't know the difference in "can't be done" and "shouldn't be done".

I won't but have seen Blazer brass reloaded to 9mm minor and work out for several loadings. Looks like the first poster ran into some loaded to major?

Not a wise idea. There's enough 9mm range brass not to risk trashing a pistol.

Those can totally be reloaded once more. Just lube them and the seating die should be able to size them back to factory specs and seal up that case wall crack enough. Probably use something like a cast lead bullet with a charge of TrailBoss to keep pressures low just to be on the safe side. I don't see what the fuss is about.

BTW, if you can't detect the sarcasm in my above statements, I'm totally making a joke here. Take it easy. :cheers:

Reminds me of the tale I read a few years ago about a guy in Mexico who got his hands on an old .45 Colt revolver, but all he had was some .44 Mag ammo. He carefully wrapped each round in masking tape to make them fit the chambers. Only got off one shot before he regretted his decision! Some magazine published that one back in the mid '80s, told by an old gunfighter from the SW US.