Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jager striker in ssp

BigTom

Hello if this has been covered before I appoligize. I tried to search it but no luck. I currently have a glock 34 that i'm wanting to use for ssp. The question I have is are jager (or others) strikers legal for ssp or do I have to use the stock striker ? Thanks Tom

The idea is that since it is lighter it will allow you to generate enough energy to set off primers with a lighter striker spring than the stock striker. The lighter striker spring yields a lighter trigger pull.

The Jager comes with a 4# wolf spring which I presume means that is what is recommended. I'm not sure the striker itself produces a different pull than the stock striker with the same weight spring (it did not in my sample size of one). However, depending on the primers being used some people do not achieve what they consider acceptable reliability with the weight of striker string they would prefer to use. If you are happy with the reliability of your gun with an OEM striker and 4# spring I doubt if there is much to be gained by adding an aftermarket striker.

I'm glad to hear that Shokr. I'm in the process of setting my gun up and didn't want to be stuck using the stock striker if I found I prefer the 4# spring. Hopefully I'll have as good of luck as you and not have any reliability issues.

poundage difference between oem striker and 4# striker spring vs jager and whatever # striker spring?

OEM is 5.5 lbs vs. Wolff's 4 lb spring that comes with the Jager striker. I've clipped 2 coils, then 3, then 4 off the OEM spring and the Wolff 4 lb spring still feels lighter. Jager is highly polished so all variables constant, the Jager still yields less drag and a smooth slightly lighter trigger. It's subtle but very noticeable.

I'm glad to hear that Shokr. I'm in the process of setting my gun up and didn't want to be stuck using the stock striker if I found I prefer the 4# spring. Hopefully I'll have as good of luck as you and not have any reliability issues.

the thing is about the 4 lb spring... the trigger gets a little mushy if that's the only thing you change and whether you change to a heavier trigger housing spring or staying OEM won't make it better. What I've found that affects "crispness" is the overtravel adjustment. There is a sweetspot between too little overtravel and too much i.e. OEM that affects the way the striker break feel. If you get a shorter pretravel housing in addition to overtravel adjustment, that's when the holygrail of Glock competition trigger appears. Also not all striker springs exhibit the same vibration after a striker breaks. Glockworx has long springs that coil bind both at spring cups and at base which yields the most vibration when the striker drops. Wolff is better and Vanek's milled and polished spring (coils look squared) has the least vibration and most perceived "crispness".

Edited by Stician

the thing is about the 4 lb spring... the trigger gets a little mushy if that's the only thing you change and whether you change to a heavier trigger housing spring or staying OEM won't make it better. What I've found that affects "crispness" is the overtravel adjustment. There is a sweetspot between too little overtravel and too much i.e. OEM that affects the way the striker break feel. If you get a shorter pretravel housing in addition to overtravel adjustment, that's when the holygrail of Glock competition trigger appears. Also not all striker springs exhibit the same vibration after a striker breaks. Glockworx has long springs that coil bind both at spring cups and at base which yields the most vibration when the striker drops. Wolff is better and Vanek's milled and polished spring (coils look squared) has the least vibration and most perceived "crispness".

Thank you for the info. My current set up I plan to install this weekend will be as follows: Wolff competition spring kit, lone wolf adjustable overtravel ejector housing, jager polymer guide rod with either a 11# or 13# ismi recoil spring. I plan to polish all the stock internals and then I figure i'll go from there. Is there a way to shorten the pretravel and still be ssp legal ? Thanks again for the input.