Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another new member from Florida (central west coast)

Ruppster

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of buying a couple of EAA Witness pistols and have been doing a lot of internet searches over the last few days looking for info about them. Many of the posts I've come across were posted on this forum. So I thought I would register here and join in on the fun. :) I've been interested in a wide range of firearms since I first was first able to go to the shooting range in the early 80's (the old outdoor Tampa range that was over near Oldsmar). The bug got worse when I was stationed in Alaska in the early to mid 90's. When I went up there I didn't have a single gun, but by the time the Air Force PCS'd me back to the lower 48 four and a half years later I had 12 of them. Over the last 20 years I have owned everything from Russian TT33's in 7.62x25, a .44 Magnum Desert Eagle, lever action pistols and rifles, a few revolvers, SKS's, and a MAK90. I'm currently trying to build my own AK-47 but in a wildcat cartridge that's based on 10mm Magnum brass.

Anyhow, later this evening I will be posting a message about the two EAA pistols I'm buying in the proper section for them.

Well, that's my intro. Thanks everyone.

I used to work KC135's (Avionics). You?

No, I'm more of a recreational shooter. I've never been able to hold any firearm steady enough to shoot with any real accuracy. Plus my eyesight is far from perfect. :)

Can't fix your eyes (but you could shoot Open division, with a red dot optic)... The rest, well...we don't do too much of that holding steady for slow fire stuff. Our targets are a bit more dynamic than bullseyes.

I used to work KC135's (Avionics). You?

I spied on other countries (had a TS/SBI security clearance). When I went in I initially wanted to work on aircraft electronics but my hearing wasn't good enough. So I was medically disqualified from all flightline related jobs. Couldn't even do motorpool. But during bootcamp I was offered a job that was a trip and a half. It didn't even have an AFSC number. The tech school was 50 weeks long at Lowry AFB in Denver (I was there from March '88 to February '89). The funny part is in the end I did get to work with aircraft in a way. We had surveillance equipment mounted on some C135 weather birds and U2 spy planes and I was assigned flightline access on my security badge.

Can't fix your eyes (but you could shoot Open division, with a red dot optic)... The rest, well...we don't do too much of that holding steady for slow fire stuff. Our targets are a bit more dynamic than bullseyes.

The outdoor range that's near the base (http://wyomingantelopeclub.org/) has some action shooting events every now and then. This summer I plan on checking out what they do and see if they have any novice classes.

Welcome, Ruppster.... :cheers:

Thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...