Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gans Guns

v1911

Was checking to see if Gary was taking work again and saw this on his site:

Retired from building custom 1911 pistol.

I am no longer building guns.

Don't know if this is long term or for the time being, but I feel fortunate enough to have had Gary build me a pistol just before he stopped taking work.

I just saw that too! I just recieved my open gun from him last Friday, i didn't realize how lucky i was to be in line. In my opinion, he is one of the best true 'custom' builders. Each gun was unique from the slide down and were truely works of art. Of course I personally feel he saved his best work for last :-) I am just glad he is still going to be working on guns and producing custom slides

I received my new open gun build from Gary in mid-February. He took just 7 days or so to build a complete race gun from the ground up. I've test fired it twice so far and it works great. Glad to have worked with Gary. I hope he continues to build more guns in the future.

It's a shame Gary has retired. But many of the old masters are retired or retirering. Great loss. Fortunately for me, I still have one of those old masters building my guns (just happens to be local and now only does work for long time customers or long time pro customers). He only does about 6 custom guns a year. They were the innovators. They may have not built the fanciest guns, but they were works of art, very accurate, and always went bang.

Gary retires every year. He'll be back, he loves it too much... I know he will haha. However, if he doesn't he truly was the best. Everyone I have recommended him to has never had a problem.

Without a doubt a master crafstman that can use anything your heart desires.

Rob

If i had to put up with customers like me, I would want to retire too. I'm just glad he is stll working on guns. I am guessing he just wanted a little more time to fly his plane and building full guns from the ground up was too much of a time crunch.