Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sighting in 1911 .45 for ipsc single stack

Mikethor

This has likely been asked previously. What distance are you zeroing in your 1911 single stacks at ? 25, 20 or 15 yards ? I shoot a colt gold cup with 230 plated rn .

I 'm assuming that if sighted in at 25 yards that it will shoot low at 10 yards , seems to be the case anyway. Any input would be appreciated

15 yards seems to be a good standard. But really, it depends on where you shoot, because some clubs have a lot more room and will often shoot at distance. Other ranges may only have really short bays, and you'll be lucky to even shoot 15 yards.

Thanks, I may have try that as when it was sighted in at 25 yards poi and poa was about same however small plates in the 10 - 15 yard territory would become a problem with poi dropping below poa enough to cause a miss on a 6 inch plate if I was aiming low on it.

I shoot a .45 in IPSC Classic div and in NPA Police pistol and Service pistol, as well as PPC events. Gun is sigted POA=POI @ 25m. For me it is shoots POI=POA at 10m.

There should be no difference or no more than 2cm at the worst.

Thank you that info, will have to get back out to the range today - what an awful way to spend a Monday ha ha.

My sig 1911 is fine or I am fine with it, it s the colt which I need to get sorted plus it has a shorter wider trigger.

Maybe it was just one of those days yesterday.

All good advice. The trick is, whatever distance you sight in for, test it at

all the other distances you might encounter (5 yards, 12 yards, 40 yards),

and be aware of where it's hitting at those distances.

I like sighting in a little high at 25 yards - seems to cover a lot of territory.

:cheers:

I haven't found it matters much in .45. I sight mine dead on at 25, and have no problems hitting at any distance encountered at matches, including long range standards. Upper A boxes are no problem at 10 yards.