Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which comp for 9mm major/minor rebarrel?

Akkid17

I bought a pistol from another shooter in 38sc and it runs great but I hate not being able to shoot in the winter outside because I don't want to just throw away all that brass that I can't find. And 9mm major or minor would be perfect for lost brass matches and winter don't want to pick brass matches. I have a bar-sto barrel cert so that's where I'm getting the barrel so now I just need to find a comp that will work for major and minor loads well.

All help is appreciated,

Ben

Edited by Akkid17

Ben I am pretty sure if you get a comp for major it will not work all that well with minor loads. Your welcome to share my steelmaster I have enough mags to go around now.

Come guys are just shooting 9mm ammo in their 38 super comp guns and the round headspaces off the extractor.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

Im going with the Cheely on my new build. My other gun has the Akai and I like it alot.

+1 on both! I have a newly built Cheely 9 Major gun, runs 100% It's the best shooting Open Gun I have ever shot!!!

I figured as much but I haven't really heard/read of many (if any) people using bar-sto, usually kkm, storm lake, kart, schuemann and Briley but I've only been poking around in the uspsa/action pistol stuff for a little while and I just began looking into open and rebarreling. Amazing what a killer deal on an open gun will do to you. Lol

I got my 2 port comp to work so, so, for 9mm minor (145PF) using HS-6 powder & either small rifle primers or small magnum primers, these primers make sure all the powder is burned. Might want to try a one port comp for minor. I'm going to try one when I get around to it. Don't know how much better if any it will be. Maybe someone on this forum could chime in.

I got my 2 port comp to work so, so, for 9mm minor (145PF) using HS-6 powder & either small rifle primers or small magnum primers, these primers make sure all the powder is burned. Might want to try a one port comp for minor. I'm going to try one when I get around to it. Don't know how much better if any it will be. Maybe someone on this forum could chime in.

I never thought more ports than necessary would affect things. Wouldn't they just be obsolete after passing through the ports one needs? I can see how compensation would be affected if you don't have enough, but not too many.