Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rcbs little dandy

I've used the search function and google but only produced little information.

Are these things really that accurate? Does anyone use them? If so, does anyone use one with vv n320?

I only reload for two loads and would like to know if these things are as good as they sound.

I own one with several bushings and they work quite well. Yes, they are as accurate as most any powder measure, in my experience. Haven't used mine in some time since I do all my pistol loading on one of my Dillon 550 machines, and I have never loaded n320 at all.

I use one regulalry, with Clays, HP-38, WSF, Longshot, etc. They are as accurate as any volume drop powder measure. Maximum consistency is achieved if you lightly tap the end of the rotor knob before rotating it to drop the charge. This settles the powder and prevents bridging.

You do not have to rely only upon the listed charge weights of the rotors.With a Dremel and small round cutting head, and a scale, you can route a rotor out to any powder charge weight you want. I have modified several to throw specific charge weights that were not available in the rotor selection.

I like the Little Dandy.

Awesome, thank you for the info. I think I will try this out. Hopefully with a little work I can get a 3 n 37 load out of a rotor.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought a little dandy with the #12 rotor, and a Lee reloader single stage with a Lee GS-5 9mm die for $10 at a moving sale. There was 30 lead .355"s also. All mounted on a stool with a cheap homemade cowboy action holster.

The prize was the Little Dandy though.

Edited by MichiganTom