Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

scr11 with Phase Five lever....

RickeyT

I have a scr11 and just installed my phase five lever today only to find out that it hits the billet lower... I also found that if you do even a small drop test 1in from the ground onto the but of the gun and the bolt releases..... I found this out after my dad bumped the but of the gun to ensure my stock was on after changing some screws. Is this normal or not a big deal that the boult releases that easy? Does anyone else have the same set up that doesnt hit the lower? I plan on sending Phase five a email but wanted to know everyone else thinks about this.....? Here are a few pictures that show where it put a small scratch from putting it in the case to go to the range today......... ;(post-44648-0-42626700-1365219157_thumb.jpost-44648-0-98774000-1365219300_thumb.jpost-44648-0-05662500-1365219224_thumb.j

Did you get the one for side charging uppers? I don't know if there is a difference, but It might be something phase 5 can help you with.

Worst case I would possibly bend it a little to make it work the way I wanted.

Edited by cworks

You've done absolutely nothing wrong as far as install -I know a few guys with JP's Billet lowers, the BAD levers (by any company) don't work. The lowers are too hefty and the levers aren't able to clear the trigger guard area.

Like cworks said, you may be able to heat the lever up and shape it to meet your needs.

yes I got the one for side charging handle. I thought about bending it but then it would stick further back in the trigger guard and make it difficult to get my finger in.... May grind a little and bend it in 2 separate places.

Caz41 do you have a link to the thread? I searched on here but didnt run across it. May just have to search for lrp-07. Ill let you know what phase five says and what to end result is once I come up with a solution.

Thanks

Ok and I'm surprised they didn't say anything about it when I talked to them before I bought my gun..... I asked about it and said I wanted one but he said to order it seperate because if I ordered it throught them it may stall my build if they ran out...

Usually if your AR doesn't have a mag in it and locked back (or loaded mag) any decent tap to the rifle butt will trip the bolt release BAD/PHASE 5 lever or not.

inertia from the tap causes the bolt to ride back and unload the stop which is spring loaded and disengages before the bolt returns forward

John