Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OAL for 124gr MG CMJ

nelly

I have been loading my MG 124 JHP's & Win Auto Comp (6.8grs) at 1.145 for Glock Mags with good results, I also have been loading some 124gr MG CMJ with 8.2grs of HS6 for my STI mags at 1.155-1.160 with good results.I want to load some 124gr MG CMJ's with 6.8grs of Auto Comp for my STI-TruBor 9mm Major, should I stay at 1.155-1.160 ? This OAL works fine with HS6 , can I use this same OAL for Win Auto Comp & 124gr CMJ's ?

If that's the OAL that works well with your pistol and mags, then stay with it. Modify the powder drop to match your desired PF. I would start a little lower and work your way up. I usually load up about 15 rounds at multiple powder charges and run them over the chrono to find the one I want. FWIW, I usually load my STI rounds out to 1.165.

Thanks for the feedback, If you take a look at my previous post right before this titled "(9mm Major Velocity Difference) you'll see why I kinda got thrown off track- I put the 6.8grs Win Auto Comp 124gr MG JHP (seated deeper 1.145 for my Glock Mags) in my STI TruBor & ran these over the Chrono with higher Velocities than I got out of my G17 Racegun. My thinking is I'd be loading the same weight Tip 124 CMJ & the same 6.8grs of Auto Comp so in keeping with my OAL's from my STI, the right Oal should be around 1.160 (I think the 124 JHP's that I loaded to short length for Gl7 are much shorter than my STI loads & it increased the Velocity-Just Sayin,)but your suggestion is spot on, Make a few and then run them over the Chrono..