Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Style 22lr Magazine Problem

jsalas2

Hi, I just received the new style 22lr magazines to use with the 22 conversion kit for my Witness Match. These are supposed to lock back the slide with the new design. The button on the follower engages the slide stop as it is designed to do, but the magazine spring is not strong enough to push it all the way up.I'm thinking loosen up the slidestop somehow or get a stronger spring for the magazine. Any solutions. Thanks

Edited by jsalas2

Hi there. I'm new to this forum, but have dealt with this issue a few times before both personally, and helping a few others with what i have learned from it. Rather than type it all up again though, ill refer you to this post on the CZ clone forum that should explain the problem and solution pretty well.

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=54679.0

Lately they've started including a weaker spring with the conversion kits, so if you purchased your .22 conversion recently and didn't receive one, you may be able to talk EAA into sending you one for free. Although if you plan to fiddle with it in order to get it working with both calibers without switching the springs out, you'll want to order a few as they're cheap and modifying them is mostly trial and error since no two i've seen are exactly alike.

If you have any other questions about it just let me know and i'll try to answer them. :)