Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun Shell Holder

darroughm

I have a 12 year old daughter that is really getting into competitive shooting and wants to try out 3-gun. The only thing we don't have is a way for her to carry shotgun shells that allows her to reload quickly. I have seen carriers made specifically for this purpose, but they seem to cost more than $60 a piece. Does anyone have suggestions as to alternatives in either style or brand that will make it more affordable. She will duct tape a zip-lock bag to her waist if need be, but I know those of you with experience have some ideas. Thanks

Unfortunately, there are no decent, cheap holders. You don't say where you're located. I would let her borrow mine and I'd bet that there are a ton of shooters that would lend her theirs. The only problem with that, would be the belt itself....unless she's "large" you would be well off bringing a belt that fits her :)

If you are handy, you can make some from Kydex.

(Mods, I hope it's OK to post a link to my site, if not, I understand)

http://www.triangletactical.net/2013/01/24/diy-shotgun-shell-caddies/

If you have a dremel, heat gun, and some other tools, its worth it, if not, you may be better off buying some. Doesn't Choate have some really inexpensive shell caddies out there now too?

Thanks guys. The do-it-yourself plans are cool and I think I will attempt to make some this summer when I have access to the time and the tools. I googled "CCW" to look for the ones gng4life was talking about, but came up with 1000 adds for concealed carry courses. What does CCW stand for in the context of shooting supplies?

Thanks for the help and I'm glad to be here!

Being new to 3 gun myself I bought 2 sheets of kydex for about 10 bucks total and made 6 in a matter of a couple short nights work. Was pretty fun and super easy. Even better, they work great for a new guy. I've only got a couple bucks invested in them, rather than the $300 it would have cost me to get the nice aluminum ones.