Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

vortex 1-6 in a warne ramp mount?

RickeyT

Does anyone have this combo? I have a vortex 1-6 hd in a warne ramp mount. I went to put on a cheap red dot I had just to see how it would looked and found that the eye piece on the vortex scope is just to big and hits the screws on the red dot mount.... I know that a different red dot would have recessed screws but even then it looks tight! Just curious if others have tried this and what the results are.... ???

Pretty much requires one of the super compact micro red dots with an equally compact mount to attach to the rail and have relief for the scopes power adjustment ring, at least with my limited experience.

Someone talked about that on BENOS recently but I can't remember if it was a Vortex or not. I know it was the RAMP mount with a popular 3G scope and they were complaining about the same thing. Will have to look around to see if I can find it...

Might have forund a solution warne mounts makes a low profile rail mount and just have to stick to red dots that use the plate mount system.... heres vortex mount for their red dot

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/razor-red-dot-low-rail-weaver-mount

still curios what others think about this set up. Im not going to be running in open class anytime soon! I'm just trying to plan ahead.

thanks

Rickey