Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

kns anti-rotation pins ?

open67

Does anyone recommend or use the kns ant-rotation pins in there ar? Someone has a CMC drop in trigger they want to sell but does not have the original pins but has these with it. Thanks.

Edited by open67

Be careful, depending on what the diamiter of the CMC unit is. If it's an older Colt unit & they're using standard pin diamiter it can cause doubling.

Additionally, I'd say you should consider what your use is going to be. In hard use guns the KNS pins have shown excellerated wear from being made of a harder material than GI pins. I prefer the pins should wear before the reciever. A lot cheaper than having a worn out registered SBR reciever.

It was pointed out that time had scewed my mind. What I posted above is off base.

The KNS pins are SOFTER than GI. In hard use guns they have been shown to exhibit excellerated wear or issues to the FIRE CONTROL GROUP. Not lower as I posted above.

That info was stuck in my head from days gone by when you could buy 2 lowers for the price of a Geisselle trigger. How I contorteted it in my brain I don't know.

Making sure the pins are size matched to the fire control group is gospel unless you like random double & tripples.

Mea culpa

The KNS pins are SOFTER than GI. In hard use guns they have been shown to exhibit excellerated wear or issues to the FIRE CONTROL GROUP.

Mea culpa

Got some recently for a new build and the first thing I did was touch them with a file, they are very soft.

Now they sit in a box somewhere but not in a gun.

After having a few GI pins break (one in the middle of a major match), I switched to KNS on all my AR15s. Haven't had a pin break since, so I'm happy. For the CMC trigger, I'm not sure they would offer so much benefit as they should not be stressed to the same extent, but they are cheap enough and do no harm.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

I prefer the pins should wear before the reciever. A lot cheaper than having a worn out registered SBR reciever.

Why would non rotating pins wear the receiver?